By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Virtual Console Wishlist

I think the virtual console is great and no douby many of you are frequent users. So i thought we needed a thread about the vc. So what do you love/hate about the vc, what systems and games would you like to see added to the vc and what is your fave game you've downloaded?

Around the Network

The store is still very slow (here in Germany), that's my main complaint.

I would like to see Super Mario RPG and home computer titles from the 80s and early 90s.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

DSLover said:
I think the virtual console is great and no douby many of you are frequent users. So i thought we needed a thread about the vc. So what do you love/hate about the vc, what systems and games would you like to see added to the vc and what is your fave game you've downloaded?

You go first, pretty please.

i would like dreamcast to be released on the virtual console and shenmue

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I don't have a wii but i do know that the no. of n64 titles and rate at which titles are released is disappointing. I would like to see more N64 titles and more systems such as MSX. Imo games are overpriced too.

Around the Network

Maybe it's because N64 titles haven't aged as well as earlied titles. Some SNES, Mega Drive and PC Engine title on the VC represent the best you can get in 2D gaming, while many N64 titles rather stand for the first clumsy steps in 3D gaming.

Or maybe it's the other way round: Nintendo sees N64 titles as too close to current Wii titles, so they'd rather keep thei full price sales. I for one prefer the first version. I get motion sickness from many N64 titles due to their rough 3D graphics.

Or maybe people are more into NES/SNES nostalgia than N64 nostalgia? That would point to my first suggestion again. Or maybe it's because the N64 was less popular in its time. Or maybe it's because the N64 never had many games.

Or Nintendo is just worried about customers running out of storage space on their Wiis. Or it's harder to emulate N64 games. Must be one of these things.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I don't think the games are overpriced. At $5-$10 they are cheaper than movie tickets or CDs. But you have to actually like the game you buy. Would you buy a CD or watch a movie you don't really like for half the price? That would be a serious waste of time and money in my eyes. What Nintendo have to do is putting out demos, or at least full-size screenshots.

@reverie, i was thinking similar things. I would like pilotwings both snes and n64 to come out soon on vc.

Where the fuck is Dracula X, for both sides of the Pacific?? That's one of the main reasons to support PCE:CD. Enough BONKZONK.

I wonder if Japan will get PCE:CD Snatcher -- what a bonus that would be.

EA needs to step their shit up and put their Genesis IPs (Mutant League, General Chaos) on.

Only Majora's Mask, only Majora's Mask... sigh...

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda