By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW&HW Up ! 30th March 2013

ryuzaki57 said:
Is it just me or Tomb Raider got MASSIVELY ajusted down in the US? Xbox is @336K and PS3 @265K total. Bomb Raider?

Also, Luigi beating Bioshock Infinite in Germany is just so... unrealistic.

If it did get adjusted, I think they are wrong because it shipped 3.4 million by March 26 and it released March 5.  Crystal Dynamics already said it set a franchise record.

*edit*  VGChartz only has tomb raider at like 1.6 million.  So it has to be undertracked.  No way there is almost 2 million on shelves, right?

Around the Network

Everything up pretty much is weird. But maybe they are trying to fix for the huge tracking errors in the past few months.

Well Bioshock Infinite did about what I thought it would with XBox 360 kind of killing PS3. I think in the prediction thread.
I predicted 800k X360 and 500k PS3. 

I don't trust the PC numbers because they're always wrong, granted this was actually released physically in US. Tomb raiders at ~76,000 PC when there are 0 trackable copies in the USA.

Chandler said:
From a german perspective Nintendo hardware is doing pretty decent right now. 2 Wii U sku's and multiple 3DS colors are charting on amazon top100 for days now. Luigi is at number 1 for almost a week now and Lego city is charting way better than Monster Hunter (50's for 3DS and 80's for Wii U) even though germany is one of the countries where mh sells pretty good.

My guess is that EU numbers are largely extrapolated from UK numbers and since UK is lukewarm on Nintendo products right now the numbers appear to be pretty weak.

LOL Amazon charts.

ryuzaki57 said:
Is it just me or Tomb Raider got MASSIVELY ajusted down in the US? Xbox is @336K and PS3 @265K total. Bomb Raider?

Also, Luigi beating Bioshock Infinite in Germany is just so... unrealistic.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
ishiki said:

Well Bioshock Infinite did about what I thought it would with XBox 360 kind of killing PS3. I think in the prediction thread.

I don't trust the PC numbers because they're always wrong, granted this was actually released physically in US. Tomb raiders at ~76,000 PC when there are 0 trackable copies in the USA.

Well the franchise did start as a 360 exclusive.
Both versions saw great increases over Bioshock 2 though. I long sexy legs for this game. The TV ads are on ALL THE TIME.

VGKing said:
Chandler said:
From a german perspective Nintendo hardware is doing pretty decent right now. 2 Wii U sku's and multiple 3DS colors are charting on amazon top100 for days now. Luigi is at number 1 for almost a week now and Lego city is charting way better than Monster Hunter (50's for 3DS and 80's for Wii U) even though germany is one of the countries where mh sells pretty good.

My guess is that EU numbers are largely extrapolated from UK numbers and since UK is lukewarm on Nintendo products right now the numbers appear to be pretty weak.

LOL Amazon charts.

Didn't see you post something similar in the tetsuya game ranking thread which is, as you know, also just one retailer out of many in japan. But that one paints a pretty Sony picture, right, so it's totally legit. LOL VGKing.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
VGKing said:
Chandler said:

LOL Amazon charts.

Didn't see you post something similar in the tetsuya game ranking thread which is, as you know, also just one retailer out of many in japan. But that one paints a pretty Sony picture, right, so it's totally legit. LOL VGKing.

Not really aware of how Japanese charts work. I usually only post in Media Create charts. Good for you that you noticed that 1 post i made though. Stalker much?

VGKing said:
ishiki said:

Well the franchise did start as a 360 exclusive.
Both versions saw great increases over Bioshock 2 though. I long sexy legs for this game. The TV ads are on ALL THE TIME.

That's why I expected this, plus the fact that it's a FPS shooter on xbox 360 in USA. I'm not bashing the PS3 or anything. I played it on the version that sold the least. So I have nothing to boast about :P.

VGKing said:
Chandler said:

LOL Amazon charts.

What is wrong with amazon charts?