By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW&HW Up ! 30th March 2013

VGKing said:
Chandler said:
VGKing said:
Chandler said:
From a german perspective Nintendo hardware is doing pretty decent right now. 2 Wii U sku's and multiple 3DS colors are charting on amazon top100 for days now. Luigi is at number 1 for almost a week now and Lego city is charting way better than Monster Hunter (50's for 3DS and 80's for Wii U) even though germany is one of the countries where mh sells pretty good.

My guess is that EU numbers are largely extrapolated from UK numbers and since UK is lukewarm on Nintendo products right now the numbers appear to be pretty weak.

LOL Amazon charts.

Didn't see you post something similar in the tetsuya game ranking thread which is, as you know, also just one retailer out of many in japan. But that one paints a pretty Sony picture, right, so it's totally legit. LOL VGKing.

Not really aware of how Japanese charts work. I usually only post in Media Create charts. Good for you that you noticed that 1 post i made though. Stalker much?

Opening the tetsuya thread on the first page of the sales subforum doesn't really qualify as stalking. Embarrassed much?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
VGKing said:
Chandler said:
VGKing said:
Chandler said:
From a german perspective Nintendo hardware is doing pretty decent right now. 2 Wii U sku's and multiple 3DS colors are charting on amazon top100 for days now. Luigi is at number 1 for almost a week now and Lego city is charting way better than Monster Hunter (50's for 3DS and 80's for Wii U) even though germany is one of the countries where mh sells pretty good.

My guess is that EU numbers are largely extrapolated from UK numbers and since UK is lukewarm on Nintendo products right now the numbers appear to be pretty weak.

LOL Amazon charts.

Didn't see you post something similar in the tetsuya game ranking thread which is, as you know, also just one retailer out of many in japan. But that one paints a pretty Sony picture, right, so it's totally legit. LOL VGKing.

Not really aware of how Japanese charts work. I usually only post in Media Create charts. Good for you that you noticed that 1 post i made though. Stalker much?

Opening the tetsuya thread on the first page of the sales subforum doesn't really qualify as stalking. Embarrassed much?

Well you seem to remember something from like a week ago so......did I really leave such a big impression on you?

VGKing said:
Chandler said:
VGKing said:
Chandler said:
VGKing said:
Chandler said:

LOL Amazon charts.

Well you seem to remember something from like a week ago so......did I really leave such a big impression on you?

I don't remember anything as I didn't visit that thread until now. I was just looking it up before running my mouth :P

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

nnodley said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Is it just me or Tomb Raider got MASSIVELY ajusted down in the US? Xbox is @336K and PS3 @265K total. Bomb Raider?

Also, Luigi beating Bioshock Infinite in Germany is just so... unrealistic.

If it did get adjusted, I think they are wrong because it shipped 3.4 million by March 26 and it released March 5.  Crystal Dynamics already said it set a franchise record.

*edit*  VGChartz only has tomb raider at like 1.6 million.  So it has to be undertracked.  No way there is almost 2 million on shelves, right?

Well it IS 40€ on amazon France. Their warehouses must be filled with Tomb Raider copies. And it was @30€ on the French PSN last week. I'm pretty sure they were too confident and stuffed the channels.

ryuzaki57 said:
nnodley said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Is it just me or Tomb Raider got MASSIVELY ajusted down in the US? Xbox is @336K and PS3 @265K total. Bomb Raider?

Also, Luigi beating Bioshock Infinite in Germany is just so... unrealistic.

If it did get adjusted, I think they are wrong because it shipped 3.4 million by March 26 and it released March 5.  Crystal Dynamics already said it set a franchise record.

*edit*  VGChartz only has tomb raider at like 1.6 million.  So it has to be undertracked.  No way there is almost 2 million on shelves, right?

Well it IS 40€ on amazon France. Their warehouses must be filled with Tomb Raider copies. And it was @30€ on the French PSN last week. I'm pretty sure they were too confident and stuffed the channels.

Isn't stuffing the channels a myth though?  They only ship the amount that retailers order.  I don't think retailers were expecting it to do that good.  Idk, I think tomb raider might be at close to 2 million sold to consumers.

Around the Network

ADJUSTMENTS

3DS 0
PS3 0
360 0
Wii 20597
DS 0
PSP 0
PSV 0
Wii U -933

How was Wii U adjusted down. I don't even.

ethomaz said:

ADJUSTMENTS

3DS 0
PS3 0
360 0
Wii 20597
DS 0
PSP 0
PSV 0
Wii U -933

Where do you get the adjustments?

Deyon said:

Where do you get the adjustments?

I have a worksheel with all VGC lifetime numbers out per week (not all numbers... only 2012 and 2013)... so if the number changed from a week for another I know that.

Edit - Fixed.

For those keeping track, if these Wii U numbers are correct then it needs to start selling 110k a week starting now through October to get within range for the people who expect it to sell 10mil this year.