By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson: Official Statement on what was said yesterday (aka "always-on connection rumors"

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/05/official-statement-on-what-was-said-yesterday/

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Which is a perfectly reasonable post. (Awaits spin doctors to find some nuance of negativity....)

Well I think the statement is pretty good and of course not give anything about the Nextbox (like expected too).

About the "always-on connection" I think MS did test with this feature but in no way it will go to consumers home into Nextbox.

kowenicki said:

Which is a perfectly reasonable post. (Awaits spin doctors to find some nuance of negativity....)

Im sure PlayStation Universe are already working on a spin.

he didn't confirm or deny anything so....

gooch_destroyer said:

Buy are they need confirm or deny? I don't think so.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Buy are they need confirm or deny? I don't think so.

I just expected some damage control something.

Why would they confirm or deny something in a random press release.

Typical corporate statement, nobody should expect them to clear things up on an unannounced product.

Off topic:

Windows Weekly #305
http://twit.tv/show/windows-weekly/305

1:20:30

Interesting!!!

kowenicki said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Here we go....

....what?

Notice he doesn't deny the always-on rumor which is the bigger problem than the comments of this stupid employee.