By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Sega Genesis appreciation thread.

The best Sonic game ever made is Sonic CD which you need the SEGA CD attachments to play it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
The best Sonic game ever made is Sonic CD which you need the SEGA CD attachments to play it.
I played that on the PC. No need for the Genesis. Actually, I think I still have that game. Wonder if Vista can run it?

'Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage'- all such classics.

I remember when I went to buy a Snes the man behind the counter told me "Nintendo is a unreliable company, don't trust em'". So I bought a Mega Drive instead. Can't say I regretted the decision, the Mega Drive gave me hundreds of hours of entertainment.

*hugs the mega drive*

totalwar23 said:
ssj12 said:
I played that on the PC. No need for the Genesis. Actually, I think I still have that game. Wonder if Vista can run it?

The PC port had some problems.

I've had lots of fun playing with the console as a kid. I preffered the co-op competitive games, like Streets of Rage 2, Micro Machines or Eternal Champions. But loved Sonic CD and Mickey Mania.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

The Genesis was my favorite system when I was younger. I lost countless hours of my life playing Sonic, Mortal Kombat, and Mutant League Football.

Around the Network

Road Rash FTW!

Does anyone remember the airport game? What was it Airbiz?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The 16-bit era was a great time, whichever system you had. It's really retarded that a lot of people have magically forgotten how good + popular the Genesis/Mega Drive was, and act like only Nintendo/Square games were worth anything. Both are equally great in their own way.

It wasn't like today where one port was consistently "better" than the other system's. Since both systems were so different, the "ports" were usually different games (MK series, Aladdin, TMNT, Tiny Toons, Contra, CastleVania) with the "better" version usually debateable.

Even exclusives -- SEGA had its own stellar lineup of arcade games + RPGs, Nintendo had 1st party + Square. And the SEGA CD overall sucked, but it also had a couple of the best games of the generation.

I think the Genesis outsold the SNES in America, didn't it? Either way the race was very very close.

The SNES has this aura of OMG now, while the Genesis legacy lay forgotten, aside from "Sonic was kinda fun".

Not all multiplatform games played worse on the Genesis.  Oddly enough EA Sports games at that time ran better on the system.  My brother picked the Genesis solely because EA NHL games at the time were noticeably quicker/better on the system.

Legend11 said:
Not all multiplatform games played worse on the Genesis.  Oddly enough EA Sports games at that time ran better on the system.  My brother picked the Genesis solely because EA NHL games at the time were noticeably quicker/better on the system.

This is true - the Madden and NBA Jam games alsoran noticeably better on Genesis.

And NHL 94 is pretty much the best sports game ever.

jurassic park was 1000x better on the genesis.