By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Sega Genesis appreciation thread.

BCrayfish said:

I'm embarrassed to say that while I owned a Genesis as a kid it was dedicated almost solely to playing Sonic the Hedgehog games. It's still one of my favorite consoles of all time.

I was much the same... though I did have other games.......

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

Moonwalker had a game?

Blaiyan said:
Moonwalker had a game?

In at least three different flavors, actually.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

The SNES was just where it was at in the 16-bit generation. Sonic was great, and I played plenty of it at my friend's house (and I now have the Mega Collection -- thanks Sega!), but the SNES had tons of great exclusives and better versions of multiplatform games.

My favorite Megadrive games (besides the uncontroversial 3 Sonics which I have already played to death) were: a version of Micromachines, Psyco Pinball and (yes) Sonic 3D. I'd like to have them all back on the Wii, but I'm not very confident.

PS: 2D gaming was just great. To this day, that Pinball game as surpassed any 3D Pinball game I tried. Same thing for that version of Micromachines. Hell, I never could get into the 3D GTAs after I fell in love with the first one...

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

@KruzeS:

Have you tried Alien Crush or Devil's Crush? They're both available on the Wii Virtual Console.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

As a kid, I didn't really pay much attention to Sega. I had a NES and my brother had a Snes. Now I kinda miss the old Sega. Mostly just being sentimental most likely.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

From Genesis I like the Treasure exclusives and some Sega games like Phantasy Star 4, Sonic 2, Shining Force.
There is other great games from third party like ThunderForce 4 and Lunar, Snatcher if we include the Sega CD.

What do you think is the technical best Genesis game ?
I vote for Beyond the Oasis.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
From Genesis I like the Treasure exclusives and some Sega games like Phantasy Star 4, Sonic 2, Shining Force.
There is other great games from third party like ThunderForce 4 and Lunar, Snatcher if we include the Sega CD.

What do you think is the technical best Genesis game ?
I vote for Beyond the Oasis.

Me too!!

(The sequel sucked).

@Desroko you know that their is a sequel of Vectorman on Genesis rights :s?

(Some people don't know it).

I have a lot of games that I loved on my genesis =).

EDIT WHERE THE FUCK IS PUGSY IN THAT TOP 50?

How people can forget this incredible game :s.

I never had a Genesis until last year. I haven't played many games on it yet, but I really dig TMNT: Hyperstone Heist and Streets of Rage. I really want to get Castlevania: Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps. I have the second and third Shinobi games on the Genesis, but really want to get the first one before I play them. I also have Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Collection on the Cube, but I'm honestly not a very big Sonic fan. The 2D ones really do outshine the 3D ones though.

When I was younger I eventually did want a Genesis, even though I had the sweetness that was the SNES. I mostly wanted it for the games I have mentioned above: Castlevania, TMNT, and Contra. But I did have a serious hankerin to play Streets of Rage, being such a Final Fight lover and all. I was also smitten with the Sherlock Holmes game for the Sega CD. Unfortunately, I never did get my Genesis or Sega CD back then, so I never got to play Holmes. But when my money gets straight, I plan to purchase a Sega CD, along with Final Fight, Heart of the Alien, and Holmes(though I'm sure it has aged horribly).

You can see my meager Genesis collection in my profile, but I plan to build it up considerably when I am financially able. I bought the Shinobi games in an Ebay auction for really cheap(with manuals and boxes), all the others, except TMNT, came with my Genesis when I won it on Ebay. I actually bought TMNT many months before I even owned a Genesis. I found it at a game shop down the road for 5 smackers and just had to snatch it up. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."