By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Source: Sony Planning Big PS4 Reveal Before E3

Tagged games:

Porcupine_I said:
The only question is:

Will they finally show Kaz?

you can't show Kaz anymore.  He has become one with the universe and above the understanding of mere mortals ever since he ascended to CEO.  If we were to look upon him now our eyes would explode.  If we heard him speak our ears would bleed.  To touch him would...well does anyone have a gif of that scene from Raiders of the Lost Arc where they open the ark?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

PS. If rumors turn out not to be true, and MS doesn't reveal in April or May, that would only leave E3 for them. Can/Will MS still release this year if they wait till E3 to announce it's existance? They would be releasing in a 6month window if they do, which just seems way too short to me. It may be that Sony has caught them off guard with how ready they are to get their console up and going, with rumors pointing at September/October PS4 release. Maybe MS feels they can take their time now and release next year sometime to better strategize against Sony's tactics.

thoughts?

MS are running out of time IMHO.  I honestly thought we would have heard last month when their reveal conference would be and expected it to be this month.  I seriously doubt they will announce anything this month now, so will they have a reveal in May?  Seeing as E3 is in early June...maybe they will just hold of totally until E3...but will it be too late by then?  Sony on the other hand have struck first, but have been very smart in what they've done....ie no pricing, or specific timing or seeing the actual unit.  I reckon Sony will hold off with more reveals until E3 unless MS announce a reveal within the next month or so...then they may strike first again.

Can MS wait til E3 and then announce and still launch b4 the end of this year?  Yes, but they would have to base the entire E3 conference on the 720 to make an impact which would mean the 360 has nothing at E3.  Whereas Sony will just top up what they have already announced and still leave space for the PS3 and Vita.

Interesting!!!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

forevercloud3000 said:
PS. If rumors turn out not to be true, and MS doesn't reveal in April or May, that would only leave E3 for them. Can/Will MS still release this year if they wait till E3 to announce it's existance? They would be releasing in a 6month window if they do, which just seems way too short to me. It may be that Sony has caught them off guard with how ready they are to get their console up and going, with rumors pointing at September/October PS4 release. Maybe MS feels they can take their time now and release next year sometime to better strategize against Sony's tactics.

thoughts?

Between 360's first announcement to release,it only have 5 months,did 360 flopped?

Btw,rumors pointing at September release is 720.

Sony never caught them off guard,MS never caught Sony off guard either,the only one thing it may pissed MS is this one

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158212&page=1

Biggest fool in MS i guess,he basically ruined MS's announce plan i guess.

Pointless. Save something for E3 Sony. Its the biggest show in the world regarding our industry. Blow people away.

Carl2291 said:
Pointless. Save something for E3 Sony. Its the biggest show in the world regarding our industry. Blow people away.

e3 is to short to show the PS4/PS3/Vita

this was a smart move

Around the Network

thank you gaf :)

007BondAgent said:

this was a smart move3

No, it isnt. It hasnt been too short to show 3 platforms before and it isnt too short to show 3 platforms now.

Have your usual event of 90 or so minutes for PS3 and PSV followed by a second event the day after for the PS4 blowout for 60-90 Minutes depending on just how much content you have available.

Even if you dont put it into 2 shows, its more than easy to get all the stuff put into a single 2 Hour show.

1 Hour PS4
40 Minutes PS3
20 Minutes PSV

Give or take 5-10 minutes for the usual PR talk and Wonderbook bullshit.

Carl2291 said:
007BondAgent said:

this was a smart move3

No, it isnt. It hasnt been too short to show 3 platforms before and it isnt too short to show 3 platforms now.

Have your usual event of 90 or so minutes for PS3 and PSV followed by a second event the day after for the PS4 blowout for 60-90 Minutes depending on just how much content you have available.

Even if you dont put it into 2 shows, its more than easy to get all the stuff put into a single 2 Hour show.

1 Hour PS4
40 Minutes PS3
20 Minutes PSV

Give or take 5-10 minutes for the usual PR talk and Wonderbook bullshit.

still don't see it working, they only just made it last year with the PS3/PSV

plus, if this event turns out to be true, then it means sony has plenty up it's sleve

007BondAgent said:

plus, if this event turns out to be true, then it means sony has plenty up it's sleve

2012's show lasted less than 85 Minutes, and had a 13 Minute spot for Wonderbook.

Extend your show by 40 minutes, cut out the rubbish like Wonderbook (Which got more time than anything btw, inc. God of War and The Last of Us).

More than enough time.

Carl2291 said:
007BondAgent said:

2012's show lasted less than 85 Minutes, and had a 13 Minute spot for Wonderbook.

Extend your show by 40 minutes, cut out the rubbish like Wonderbook (Which got more time than anything btw, inc. God of War and The Last of Us).

More than enough time.

well maybe, they plan on showing the latest addition for wonderbook :P