By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where does Insomniac go from here?

Tagged games:

Where does Insomniac go from here?

Back to Sony-exclusive 64 67.37%

Stay with EA 3 3.16%

Self Publishing Indie (PSN,XBL,PC) 7 7.37%

Mobile (iOS, Andriod) 7 7.37%

Multiplat with other Publisher 14 14.74%

Total:95

Like kain said, one failure shouldn't kill them (never heard of them being in a bad state financially), but if the next big one fails they'll go crying back to Sony.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Expand their mobile division; shut down North Carolina studio; make a Ratchet game for PS4 and then see where things go from there.

for God's sake yes.  A REAL Ratchet like ACiT.  Hell even a little one like QfB would be awesome (I loved that one but ACiT may be my favorite game ever).  No tower defense.  No co-op move crap.  Just do what you always did before that to make it fresh.  Awesome weapons, platforming, humor, and mini-games.  Maybe tweak the leveling system a little and have a cool new gadget for puzzles and such.  ACiT sold much better than A4O or FFA so I don't see why they wouldn't do this.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Andrespetmonkey said:
Like kain said, one failure shouldn't kill them (never heard of them being in a bad state financially), but if the next big one fails they'll go crying back to Sony.

I can picture Ted Price crying and running in Kaz's door.

"Kaz we had to make the game for 2 platforms, and then EA said we couldn't do things, and then we didn't get advertising, and then it didn't sell well!"

"There there.  What have we learned?"

"To not let others influence our games?"

"WRONG!  To only let me influence your games!  Now get your asses back to Ratchet and Clank or I'll shove a move controller up your ass!  Oh and speaking of Move never implement it in a game again and no co-op either.  Also I shouldn't even have to say this but no tower defense.  Get outta my sight."

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Kickstarter.

"This is the game we always wanted to do but couldn't because of publishers, bla bla bla"

Slimebeast said:
Kickstarter.

"This is the game we always wanted to do but couldn't because of publishers, bla bla bla"

A 3d platformer called Hatchet and Plank. Can't wait. 

Around the Network

take Kaz out to lunch :p

They should have just stayed with Sony, I mean they aren't that big of a dev like Bungie so I don't get why they tried to whole multi-platform thing.

NobleTeam360 said:
They should have just stayed with Sony, I mean they aren't that big of a dev like Bungie so I don't get why they tried to whole multi-platform thing.

They ARE big like Bungie (almost 200 staff).....

9087 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I meant based on what games they worked on Halo obviously being bigger than anything Insomniac has done. 

NobleTeam360 said:
9087 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I meant based on what games they worked on Halo obviously being bigger than anything Insomniac has done. 

The mindframe going multiplat is usually flawed logic: "We can double our sales by being on 2 systems".

But it just doesnt work that way. 

Exclusives get extra hype because they are.... exclusives. And EA hasnt done any promoting or marketing for Fuse, so they wouldve been better off with Sony.