By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where does Insomniac go from here?

Tagged games:

Where does Insomniac go from here?

Back to Sony-exclusive 64 67.37%

Stay with EA 3 3.16%

Self Publishing Indie (PSN,XBL,PC) 7 7.37%

Mobile (iOS, Andriod) 7 7.37%

Multiplat with other Publisher 14 14.74%

Total:95
9087 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
9087 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
They should have just stayed with Sony, I mean they aren't that big of a dev like Bungie so I don't get why they tried to whole multi-platform thing.

They ARE big like Bungie (almost 200 staff).....

I meant based on what games they worked on Halo obviously being bigger than anything Insomniac has done. 

The mindframe going multiplat is usually flawed logic: "We can double our sales by being on 2 systems".

But it just doesnt work that way. 

Exclusives get extra hype because they are.... exclusives. And EA hasnt done any promoting or marketing for Fuse, so they wouldve been better off with Sony. 

Exactly which is why I said originally that Insomniac should have stayed exclusive to Sony. 

Around the Network

The big thing to me is how many people will dish out $60 for this game? That seems to be the death knell for it, no one is pumped hyping this up ready to storm the shop on day one. At what point does panic grip folks at EA or retail outlets and this drops to sub $20 levels just to get rid of it?

Bristow9091 said:
Fusioncode said:
Right back to Sony, where they belong. Serious answer, I think they should go back to making the types of games that made them a great developer in the first place. Fun, quirky titles that don't take themselves too seriously. Fuse just looks like another bland, boring shooter with no life in it.

The exact answer I was going to give... by the way, who owns the Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance IP's?

Those franchises are owned by Sony

They are going to find that being published by Sony was far superior to being multiplat with EA. Some people just dont get it. Sony's publishing style isnt like other companies.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
They are going to find that being published by Sony was far superior to being multiplat with EA. Some people just dont get it. Sony's publishing style isnt like other companies.

Insomniac are just small fish compared to other devs that EA works with. 

Around the Network

I think they're going to follow in Ninja Theory's footsteps.

I want more games like A Crack in Time. :(

They should reboot Resistance for the PS4. Multiplatform development isn't something that makes sense for all developers.

9087 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Insomniac are just small fish compared to other devs that EA works with. 

You're kind of tentative with EA until they profit and then they treat you with respect. They'll drop you in a second.

As much as I loved them, they seem to have lost their flair, Ratchet became stale after the 3rd chapter and Resistance is just an average shooter, I don't see a very bright future for them right now.