By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The WiiU has no competition yet. (Real War starts at october)

Does it?

Yes, the PS3 and Xbox360. 119 55.61%

No until the big boys arrive (Ps4, NextBox). 76 35.51%

I love Louis C.K. 19 8.88%

Total:214
theshonen8899 said:
No fair, I wanted to say "Yes" but I love Louis CK.

Sorry man =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

yes it does. ill explain my post later though

maverick40 said:
exactly and it is still failing big time.

Badum tish!

http://www.badum-tish.com/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:

It is like saying the Ford Toyota Corolla is competition to the LEARJET, they both exist at the same tima, but they don´t compete. I have all consoles, the only one I don´t have is the Wii and WiiU.

Not at all.

-A TOYOTA Corolla drives on the street, seats 5, and can be operated with a standard licence.

-A LearJet seats 40(?), flies in the air & can only be oporated with a pilots licence.

Two very different things.

-A Wii U runs UE3 games well but is below spec for full UE4 support.

-A PS360 runs UE3 games well but is below spec for full UE4 support.

Over simplifying that the Wii U offers the same thing as the PS360, but to say it offers anything radically different, like a LearJet over a TOYOTA Corolla, is insanity.

chris_wing said:
WagnerPaiva said:

It is like saying the Ford Toyota Corolla is competition to the LEARJET, they both exist at the same tima, but they don´t compete. I have all consoles, the only one I don´t have is the Wii and WiiU.

Not at all.

-A TOYOTA Corolla drives on the street, seats 5, and can be operated with a standard licence.

-A LearJet seats 40(?), flies in the air & can only be oporated with a pilots licence.

Two very different things.

-A Wii U runs UE3 games well but is below spec for full UE4 support.

-A PS360 runs UE3 games well but is below spec for full UE4 support.

Over simplifying that the Wii U offers the same thing as the PS360, but to say it offers anything radically different, like a LearJet over a TOYOTA Corolla, is insanity.

Thanks for the tip, Toyota Corolla, not Ford =D

My point is: if you want a BRAND NEW CONSOLE, you buy a WiiU or nothing. I choose nothing because I don´t think the WiiU is my kind of console.

When the other guys arrive, I will think again, as I always do.

Also, this is not insanity, THIS IS SPARTA! Actually, the learjet-corolla thing was a joke =D

Around the Network

yeah,no, Its getting its butt kicked by consoles that have been on the market for YEARS, i dont see how anyone can say that there is no competition if there wasnt then it would be doing a hell of alot better, there must be a reason there isnt like...oh i dont know two much cheaper console on shelves with much more games.

And for the record it is pathetic that a console debuting 7 years after the first HD one is only a bit more powerful than the older machines. 7 Years?

The Wii U is competing for consumer time; it has a lot of competition. In a video game industry where other areas of the market are growing (PC, mobile) and console is declining/stagnant, the Wii U has a lot of competition. :P

I tend to disagree, since the Wii U is the new system, it should be the one with the advantage.
And yes, PS3/XBOX 360 is the competition for now.

Osc89 said:
PS360 is the current competition. And compared to them the Wii U is expensive and has hardly any games. But it might look better when PS4 and Nextbox are out, as the Wii U will be cheaper and have more games than them.

The Wii U would actually be better off if the other consoles come out, because if the Nextbox doesn't come out until next year the 360 takes the low end market while PS4 takes next gen market for Christmas.

You know, I kind of doubt that will count for much this year, as Wii U will be missing some major titles only the next-gen or even current gen consoles will have. Of course Wii U is bound to have a least one major big title for the holidays, but come January 2014 I can see both Xbox3 and PS4 having a larger software library than Wii U will have managed to gather in 13 months.