By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated: GoW wins - Both bad) Sales - God of War Ascension vs Gears of War Judgement

Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That might make sense if this was the best selling GoW release ever.

say what you want, even though everybody hates miley and her music (inculding me) the girl is fucking hot

This is accurate. But I'm not loving the new hair.

well its long enough for me to pull while doing it doggy style, so i dont care much

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

say what you want, even though everybody hates miley and her music (inculding me) the girl is fucking hot

well its long enough for me to pull while doing it doggy style, so i dont care much

Man her new hairstyle is probably the worst haircut I have ever seen.  Maybe not the worst but it's close.

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Man her new hairstyle is probably the worst haircut I have ever seen.  Maybe not the worst but it's close.

wait, is it the same as the on in the gif? because if not, does it really look like im the kind of guy who would actually know or care about a celebrities latest hair style?

bouzane said:
Gotta love the obligatory "Sony fans suck / are s tupid" and"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games" crap from puggsly.

"Sony fans suck / are s tupid"

Petty is a better word.

"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games"

That sounds like nothing I've ever said. I enjoy MS games more, but only because they're actually fun. Har, har har!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

wait, is it the same as the on in the gif? because if not, does it really look like im the kind of guy who would actually know or care about a celebrities latest hair style?

No it's not the same.  It's short like a guy's hair with it being a little longer on top and it's bleached.  And I'm in the US so she's on some news shows a lot sometimes.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No it's not the same.  It's short like a guy's hair with it being a little longer on top and it's bleached.  And I'm in the US so she's on some news shows a lot sometimes.

ughh, i fucking hate it when women cut their hair short like that. fine miley, you are the one forcing me to look at your tits and nothing else! 

Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:
Gotta love the obligatory "Sony fans suck / are s tupid" and"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games" crap from puggsly.

"Sony fans suck / are s tupid"

Petty is a better word.

"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games"

That sounds like nothing I've ever said. I enjoy MS games more, but only because they're actually fun. Har, har har!

Sony fans are petty while 360 fans aren't? When I open the pages for Sony exclusives such as Uncharted I see bitter Xbox fans crapping on them. When I open the pages for Xbox exclusives such as Gears I see Xbox fans crapping on Sony games. Then I goto the forum and see Xbox fans focusing on how bad Sony fans (and games) are. No offense but you're one of the worst culprits. Your posts often revolve around Sony and their fans with you often being the one who brings it up. It's juvinille and it does not facilitate any form of conversation that I want to be a part of. There's a reason why I don't frequent forums much anymore.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

As a spinoff God of War is selling better than Ghost of Sparta.

Ghost of Sparta came during the decline of PSP software sales.

MGS Peace Walker sold poorly in the west even though MGS is more popular in the west.

Yes, but when comparing sales, God of War is closer to predecessor sales even when comparing it to main franchise games. It has sold half of what GOW3 did in its first week in two weeks coming off of a decline in software sales. Gears of War is coming at 1/4 of what its predecessor sold its first week.

All I'm hearing is Gears 3 sold so fucking amazingly well at launch that everything in comparison seems like a failure.

Never said it was a failure, but Gears is expected to sell at least over 1.5 million first week. As I said before the two big Microsoft shooters have very front loaded sales and then burn out. Sony games sell lower in the beginning but sell like a steam roller. Both games are selling very well, but GOW is selling closer to expectation, thats all. The only Gears that has sold like this one was the first Gears and we can excuse it because the marketing helped pick it up, selling like an amazing new IP should.

You had unrealistic expectations for Judgment, I expected under a million. Regardless how well the last game did, I knew not everyone was excited about a game that doesn't continue the story and marketing seemed light. I feel it was because MS and Epic didn't want to get people overly excited about a release not major to the franchise.

To the contrary, GoW:A was treated as a major release to the franchise. The ads made me feel like it was gonna tell a great story, but that was far from the truth.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

MB1025 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ZaneWane said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
shakarak said:
Every Sony fan said that God of War is doing better then Gears lol. Both games did well for them being prequels and at the end of a console lifecycle.

Sony titles tend to sell like a slow burn over time. This should be common knowledge.

thank to heavy bundle

Wait...this is opposed to Microsoft who gave away Fable 3 and Halo Reach for free for nearly two years to anyone who would buy a 360? Wait hold on a sec...the same Microsoft who gave 360's away to anyone who would buy a Windows 7 PC?

I think the point was that you are trying to generalize Sony sales as having amazing legs when you clearly know there is heavey bundling invovled. Especially with Uncharted and GOW.

Now because you understand this you have gotten defensive and now have to bring up Fable 3 and Halo Reach for no reason really when it was you who started the discussion about Sony having a slow burn period with their games over a long period of time.

Sony games do sell over time because of Sonys marketing. Microsofts has fewer games but have very strong initial sales but burn out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony games do sell over time because of Sonys marketing. Microsofts has fewer games but have very strong initial sales but burn out.

That's very relative, don't you think?