By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated: GoW wins - Both bad) Sales - God of War Ascension vs Gears of War Judgement

Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:
Gotta love the obligatory "Sony fans suck / are s tupid" and"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games" crap from puggsly.

"Sony fans suck / are s tupid"

Petty is a better word.

"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games"

That sounds like nothing I've ever said. I enjoy MS games more, but only because they're actually fun. Har, har har!

Sony fans are petty while 360 fans aren't? When I open the pages for Sony exclusives such as Uncharted I see bitter Xbox fans crapping on them. When I open the pages for Xbox exclusives such as Gears I see Xbox fans crapping on Sony games. Then I goto the forum and see Xbox fans focusing on how bad Sony fans (and games) are. No offense but you're one of the worst culprits. Your posts often revolve around Sony and their fans with you often being the one who brings it up. It's juvinille and it does not facilitate any form of conversation that I want to be a part of. There's a reason why I don't frequent forums much anymore.

None taken.

Just scroll up and look at how Sony fans came into this thread.

What's your point? There are too many Sony fans on this site? They refuse to acknowledge that Ascension's failure is slightly worse than Judgement's failure? At least they're not a bunch of abrasive, childish fanbots who constantly complain about how awful the Xbox fanbots are. I see this constant nonsense about how Sony fans are the worst thing ever and yet every page I wander onto I see Xbox fans making all of the noise. Maybe I'm just checking the wrong pages, maybe my mind is being selective but I in no way see how the Sony fans on this site could possibly be called a greater problem. I just want to track Ascension's and Judgement's sales, not see a bunch of whiny Xbox apologists, naysayers and other riffraff. There really should be a feature to ignore users on this site, I would log on far, far more often.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
bouzane said:
Nsanity said:
bouzane said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:
Gotta love the obligatory "Sony fans suck / are s tupid" and"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games" crap from puggsly.

Petty is a better word.

"Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games"

That sounds like nothing I've ever said. I enjoy MS games more, but only because they're actually fun. Har, har har!

Sony fans are petty while 360 fans aren't? When I open the pages for Sony exclusives such as Uncharted I see bitter Xbox fans crapping on them. When I open the pages for Xbox exclusives such as Gears I see Xbox fans crapping on Sony games. Then I goto the forum and see Xbox fans focusing on how bad Sony fans (and games) are. No offense but you're one of the worst culprits. Your posts often revolve around Sony and their fans with you often being the one who brings it up. It's juvinille and it does not facilitate any form of conversation that I want to be a part of. There's a reason why I don't frequent forums much anymore.

You must talking about another site, becuse its the complete opposite here.

This is the exact thing I'm talking about. These magic goggles that only allow people to see one side of the problem therefore causing them to moan about how the Sony camp is so bad. Did you even look at the pages for the games I mentioned? Uncharted 3's page has this little gem:

"Good sales for a mediocre game with weak gameplay & a poor story."

and yet none of the recent comments say anything negative about the 360, its games or its fanbase.

How about God of War: Ascension:

"Lol! Rising destroyed this turd. Keep hitting square, GoW fans."

Now let's compare with a couple 360 exclusives. Halo 4 - not a single negative remark made on its wall so far this year.

Gears of War: Judgement's wall is basically just Puggsly crapping on those big, bad Sony fans >_>

So you have a pair too?

Show me where I claimed that Sony fans were any better? The only difference that I see is that I'm not encountering this constant static that Xbox fans are the worst thing ever from the Sony camp. I even qualified these statements with the fact that I only check a handful of pages anymore and may actually be encountering a skewed picture of the situation.

PS. Please work toward improving your reading comprehension, poor reading comprehension on the part of other forum goers is probably the biggest reason why discussion on public forums is a farce.

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
but we are talking about bundles! and market share! and sales! and prequals! my live depends on all that! 

Man don't get me started on all that bullshit bundle talk everybody throws around lately.  I just want to be like shut up because all of the big three do pretty heavy bundling.

lool but somehow they still argue about it you know what, im gonna become a huge activision fanboy, and im gonna piss on every damn exclusive that releases! that will show them!

But EA is Better so mmmm :P  jk  I appreciate you playing neutral in this thread.  Not sure why people are talking about bundles at this point.  My original statement still stands.  Both had a great 1st week with Gears doing slightly better.  now it depends on legs from both. Got to love all the twisted knowledge people have on forums at times though.

wtf is all this talk about being neutral? im a CoD/skylanders/ (insert other game activision makes because i cant think of any) fanboy! 

but seriously, you made a thread comparing the sales of two exclusives, what else did you think was gonna happen?

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
but we are talking about bundles! and market share! and sales! and prequals! my live depends on all that! 

Man don't get me started on all that bullshit bundle talk everybody throws around lately.  I just want to be like shut up because all of the big three do pretty heavy bundling.

lool but somehow they still argue about it you know what, im gonna become a huge activision fanboy, and im gonna piss on every damn exclusive that releases! that will show them!

But EA is Better so mmmm :P  jk  I appreciate you playing neutral in this thread.  Not sure why people are talking about bundles at this point.  My original statement still stands.  Both had a great 1st week with Gears doing slightly better.  now it depends on legs from both. Got to love all the twisted knowledge people have on forums at times though.

I don't know what it is about your threads that attract so much butthurt.  lol

nnodley said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:

its easy, comparing the sales two exclusives. heck if two exclusives sold EXACTLY the same, people would still argue about them

Around the Network
bouzane said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:

Petty is a better word.

None taken.

What's your point? There are too many Sony fans on this site? They refuse to acknowledge that Ascension's failure is slightly worse than Judgement's failure? At least they're not a bunch of abrasive, childish fanbots who constantly complain about how awful the Xbox fanbots are. I see this constant nonsense about how Sony fans are the worst thing ever and yet every page I wander onto I see Xbox fans making all of the noise. Maybe I'm just checking the wrong pages, maybe my mind is being selective but I in no way see how the Sony fans on this site could possibly be called a greater problem. I just want to track Ascension's and Judgement's sales, not see a bunch of whiny Xbox apologists, naysayers and other riffraff. There really should be a feature to ignore users on this site, I would log on far, far more often.

How are either one a failure?  Both had successful launches.

bananaking21 said:

no, havent you learned anything? you cant be a fan of two companies who compete with each other! gosh!! wtf wright, didnt you learn anything in school?

Nah, I didn't go to school =P

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:

its easy, comparing the sales two exclusives. heck if two exclusives sold EXACTLY the same, people would still argue about them

Yeah, but even when he has a thread that's not comparing two exclusives it turns into a shitstorm.  JayWood is a shitstorm magnet. 

JayWood2010 said:
bouzane said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:
Mr Puggsly said:
bouzane said:

Petty is a better word.

None taken.

How are either one a failure?  Both had successful launches.

Failures relative to their predecessors. Qualifying that statement shouldn't have been necessary as that really should have been obvious.

bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:

wtf is all this talk about being neutral? im a CoD/skylanders/ (insert other game activision makes because i cant think of any) fanboy! 

but seriously, you made a thread comparing the sales of two exclusives, what else did you think was gonna happen?

Well they have so many things in common like being GoW, prequel, highly successful, similar ratings thoughout all of the years I thought it would be an interesting topic.  I didnt expect people to get so upset.  Neither one of them did bad that is for sure.  Wouldnt they both be the top 2 selling games this year on one platform (launch week).  I'm not sure. I would think people could handle this a little more maturely.