By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated: GoW wins - Both bad) Sales - God of War Ascension vs Gears of War Judgement

bouzane said:

@JayWood2010

Perhaps you are correct. Maybe I should have used the term shortcoming instead?

It's not important though. My point still stands that I hate discussing anything on this forum nowadays and everything would improve with the option to permanently ignore select users.

Yeah i dont blame you.  I get annoyed with forums often myself

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
bevochan said:

Prediction:  Gran Turismo will surpass Halo Reach in lifetime sales this year.  And GT5 will sell more than Halo 4 lifetime (although Halo 4 still selling well)

More bundles of GT5 are coming?

Here we go again with the bundle argument.

bouzane said:

What's your point? There are too many Sony fans on this site? They refuse to acknowledge that Ascension's failure is slightly worse than Judgement's failure? At least they're not a bunch of abrasive, childish fanbots who constantly complain about how awful the Xbox fanbots are. I see this constant nonsense about how Sony fans are the worst thing ever and yet every page I wander onto I see Xbox fans making all of the noise. Maybe I'm just checking the wrong pages, maybe my mind is being selective but I in no way see how the Sony fans on this site could possibly be called a greater problem. I just want to track Ascension's and Judgement's sales, not see a bunch of whiny Xbox apologists, naysayers and other riffraff. There really should be a feature to ignore users on this site, I would log on far, far more often.

1. More like they managed to somehow spin this as success for Ascension and utter failure for Judgment.

2. Maybe.

3. When you see my little pug face I guess you can't resist reading what I say.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

its easy, comparing the sales two exclusives. heck if two exclusives sold EXACTLY the same, people would still argue about them

Yeah, but even when he has a thread that's not comparing two exclusives it turns into a shitstorm.  JayWood is a shitstorm magnet. 

lool ohh, i dont know about that, but in a way, most threads end up a shit strom

I think he should win an award for the most shitstorm causing threads.  Sorry JayWood. :-p

there should be a badge for it, "shit-strom maker of the year"

Except with the correct spelling. lolz

nop. it should be shit-stRom maker. its much cooler that way

Oh ok.  I guess.  UUUGGGHHH. Bow down to the almighty BANANA KING!!

so... is Kratos winning ?

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Heavenly_King said:
Considering Gears usually sells lots of millions week 1, I think from a prequel perspective, GOW:A is performing better.

Sony logic.

Selling less = performing better.

lol nailed it.

Shocked that Gears beat God of War in their debuts. Judgement is not even made by the usual Gears guys.

Still, seems pretty obvious people are tired of both of these franchises. Probably would have been better off in both cases waiting for next gen to release these games.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
so... is Kratos winning ?

1st week winner was Baird and Gears with 110k more.  However since God of War has been on the market longer it has 50k more total.  It'll all depend on the legs for both of these games this year and whether or not they get bundles.

Gears has a bigger following and a fair few big games have come out lately. A lot of people are probably just waiting for a price drop, $60 might be to much to pay for a stand alone expansion which is what Judgement is. It also had a good first week regardless of the drop from Gears 3.

ZaneWane said:
ethomaz said:
For prequels...

GoW is doing good.... Gears is doing bad.

Gears is a bigger franchise this generation than GoW... it had better opening and lifetime sales but seems like GoW prequel will sell more than Gears prequel.

god of war is doing bad and even got outsold by gears in japan

lol Gears 3 outsold GOW3 first week in Japan too... Gears is bigger than GoW lol

ZaneWane said:
ethomaz said:
For prequels...

GoW is doing good.... Gears is doing bad.

Gears is a bigger franchise this generation than GoW... it had better opening and lifetime sales but seems like GoW prequel will sell more than Gears prequel.

god of war is doing bad and even got outsold by gears in japan

lol Gears 3 outsold GOW3 first week in Japan too... Gears is bigger than GoW lol