By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Game of Thrones (Season 3) Official Thread - New Poll!

Who is your favorite character?

Jon Snow 59 18.85%

Tyrion Lannister 88 28.12%

Arya Stark 47 15.02%

Jaime Lannister 19 6.07%

Joffrey Baratheon 9 2.88%

Robb Stark 20 6.39%

Sandor Clegane (The Hound) 5 1.60%

Ygritte 4 1.28%

Bran Stark 7 2.24%

Someone else/ See results 50 15.97%

Total:308
Kantor said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well Sandor Clegane is no choir boy. Sure, he's not as bad as his brother Gregor but I'd hardly classify him as a good guy.

Considering his upbringing and the sorts of people he has had to associate with, I think he's turned out fine, especially looking at his interactions with Arya.

I agree he's not all bad. Martin does a wonderful job at creating characters that are deep and not as clear cut as one might have thought at first. Actually, in Feast for Crows when they talked about The Hound raping and pillaging Saltpans, I knew it couldn't be him for real because it didn't fit with Sandor at all. He's crude, brash, violent but he's not a rapist.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Kantor said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well Sandor Clegane is no choir boy. Sure, he's not as bad as his brother Gregor but I'd hardly classify him as a good guy.

Considering his upbringing and the sorts of people he has had to associate with, I think he's turned out fine, especially looking at his interactions with Arya.

I agree he's not all bad. Martin does a wonderful job at creating characters that are deep and not as clear cut as one might have thought at first. Actually, in Feast for Crows when they talked about The Hound raping and pillaging Saltpans, I knew it couldn't be him for real because it didn't fit with Sandor at all. He's crude, brash, violent but he's not a rapist.

I think the last episode did a pretty good job of pointing that out, actually. They can't actually pin any charges on him, other than murdering one kid on his prince's orders, so they just kind of say "screw it, we'll fight". Which, looking back, makes me pretty happy about what I know will be the result of the fight ^_^

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

pezus said:
SnakeDrake said:
khalesi shows us once again why you dont ever want to mess with this chick.

And lol there goes the knight's watch, ant no point attacking the wall now.

Why is there no point in that now? They don't want to do it just to kill the night's watch o.O

I dont read the books, but what i've seen is that the wildings want to head south to escape the walkers and the only thing stopping them is the knights watch. Unless they left a sizeable army guarding the wall, which I dont think they did then they can basically walk though the wall.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Goddammit! Why do character keep getting killed just like that? Sometimes I go thinking, I can't wait to watch X character face X character and then they go puff. They go in well-written manner though, but sometimes it feels we just don't get enough time to savor some of them. :(

Anyways, wanted to post this in here:

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

Goddammit! Why do character keep getting killed just like that? Sometimes I go thinking, I can't wait to watch X character face X character and then they go puff. They go in well-written manner though, but sometimes it feels we just don't get enough time to savor some of them. :(

I thought the same when reading the books and I think I don't tell too much if I say: get used to it ;)

Around the Network
pezus said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Anyways, wanted to post this in here:

I don't see the pic o.O

Edit: now it works O.o

I can;t see it either, don;t know what happened. Anyways, here's another one! :D

walsufnir said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I thought the same when reading the books and I think I don't tell too much if I say: get used to it ;)

I have that feeling yes. I feel a lot of people will die. Actually I bet that they will all die in the end and that the last episode may consist of 45 minutes with the three dragons humping each other.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Less action but so much more content, unfortunately for me I have spoiled the season ending :( and now I'm starting to see that it will not end good.

So, who saw it, any thoughts?

Damn, dat Ygritte.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

benao87 said:
Less action but so much more content, unfortunately for me I have spoiled the season ending :( and now I'm starting to see that it will not end good.

So, who saw it, any thoughts?

I saw it and it was thankfully again an episode with love-making :D The rest was usual story-progressing, sadly Brienne-actress didn't show boobs. I loved the fight between Hound and Beric, very intense. What I don't remember is the last scene with Tywin and Cersei - I know of the wedding-plans regarding Tyrion but not that Tywin planned his daughter to marry Loras.

pezus said:
So how was the ygritte scene?

In terms of nudity, it was ok, taking into account other sex scenes of the show. In terms of impact it was awesome, and Ygritte is hawt.

Preview for episode 6.