By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Game of Thrones (Season 3) Official Thread - New Poll!

Who is your favorite character?

Jon Snow 59 18.85%

Tyrion Lannister 88 28.12%

Arya Stark 47 15.02%

Jaime Lannister 19 6.07%

Joffrey Baratheon 9 2.88%

Robb Stark 20 6.39%

Sandor Clegane (The Hound) 5 1.60%

Ygritte 4 1.28%

Bran Stark 7 2.24%

Someone else/ See results 50 15.97%

Total:308

Ygritte nude, totally worth watching the episode for.

Rest of it was so-so compared to the last one, Varys generally makes an episode better anyway.

Still, hound section was good, Tywin and Tyrion are always boss, Arya always good as well, 7.5/10.

Around the Network

Hound fight was as good as I thought it would be compared to the books.

i thought i'd read they were saving the red wedding for next season along with joffrey's death but i guess not

J_Allard said:

Hound fight was as good as I thought it would be compared to the books.

i thought i'd read they were saving the red wedding for next season along with joffrey's death but i guess not

Mate, if your gonna post spoilers like that, please say END OF SEASON on them. Otherwise, you'll read them like I did and presume they were in the context of this episode. Cheers.

That episode was awesome! I was flat out floored by all the brilliant scenes. Been waiting for some of these so badly.

1. Jaime's revelation (How can your jaw not drop?!)
2. Karstark execution (Changes the whole war!)
3. Tyrion's future bride? (Yeah, tell me you saw that coming)
4. Beric's secret (Two fantastic moments there)
5. Jon breaks his vows (To the joy of Pezus!)

So many great small moments. 10/10 episode and exactly why I love seeing this story and characters come to life. I could watch this episode a hundred times, it was that good for my tastes. I am buzzing from it so pardon my excitement, have no idea how long I've waited to see these moments (and so many more to come!!) every Sunday is like Christmas, bloody conniving cruel glorious Christmas!

walsufnir said:
benao87 said:
Less action but so much more content, unfortunately for me I have spoiled the season ending :( and now I'm starting to see that it will not end good.

So, who saw it, any thoughts?

I saw it and it was thankfully again an episode with love-making :D The rest was usual story-progressing, sadly Brienne-actress didn't show boobs. I loved the fight between Hound and Beric, very intense. What I don't remember is the last scene with Tywin and Cersei - I know of the wedding-plans regarding Tyrion but not that Tywin planned his daughter to marry Loras.

Difference from book to the show.

Loras was made a member of the Kingsguard (you'll recall a vacancy opened up at Blackwater Bay) so this whole using him to marry anyone is all invented. See, even avid book fans can be surprised by twists.

Around the Network
Augen said:
walsufnir said:
benao87 said:
Less action but so much more content, unfortunately for me I have spoiled the season ending :( and now I'm starting to see that it will not end good.

So, who saw it, any thoughts?

I saw it and it was thankfully again an episode with love-making :D The rest was usual story-progressing, sadly Brienne-actress didn't show boobs. I loved the fight between Hound and Beric, very intense. What I don't remember is the last scene with Tywin and Cersei - I know of the wedding-plans regarding Tyrion but not that Tywin planned his daughter to marry Loras.

Loras was made a member of the Kingsguard (you'll recall a vacancy opened up at Blackwater Bay) so this whole using him to marry anyone is all invented. See, even avid book fans can be surprised by twists.

Tywin does want Cersei to remarry though. That remained unchanged.

Signature goes here!

No comment on Stannis' home life? That stuff was chilling and beautifully executed. His wife and daughter were played damn near perfectly.

I honestly think about 99% of this episode was amazing to watch, the only complaint was the Loras scene which was added but hey, it's HBO so learned to live with it.

TruckOSaurus said:
Augen said:

Tywin does want Cersei to remarry though. That remained unchanged.

Yes, much like the Tyrell's wanted Sansa (not for Loras though, obviously).  Elements are changed which keep me on my toes.

pezus said:

Agreed. Best episode this season I thought. All the scenes were very well done.

If there was any flaw it was that Brienne's behind was too hot

It may not have had what some may percieve as a singular huge moment, but for me the culmination of a half dozen important moments left me wanting more.

The actress that plays her is more attractive, but how many actress could pull off the size(1.91 m) . Not her fault for having some admirable assests. 

pezus said:

Hehe indeed. Wasn't a real flaw to be fair. That scene where Jaime was describing Aerys and what he did was especially well done. The actor who plays Jaime did great!

Half a god and half in the grave, the savior of King's Landing. I wonder if people appreciate the gravity of wait he said and how it speaks to history and his place within it. Jaime is a great character.