By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo declares war!

Hahaha, come at me 3rd parties, I shall slay you all with my 64 bit GamePad shaped sword.

Fun read.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Is that the war declaration of North Korea, just with some Nintendo, EA and stuff in it?

Dont forget the 3rd party imperialists

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

What a joke. Nintendo brought this on themselves. I used to believe third parties were out and against them until I did a little research myself. Nintendo works with no one and expects people to break their back to work on their unique tech that generally only works for them. Sony and Microsoft make their own games but can also work in harmony with third parties. Why can't Nintendo? Sure, Sony liberated third parties in the mid-late 90's from Nintendo but as they screwed up with the PS3 architecture and they apologized to the third party devs for screwing up with the cell. They understand that third parties titles are console sellers now and publisher and dev respect is due.

Nintendo will be fine, the 3DS is selling like crazy, the WiiU can even fail, wich will not happen.
The only console from Nintendo that failed for real was the VIRTUAL BOY, wich was a nightmare.
Poor Sega, failed after two good consoles in a row, the nice Saturn and the very cool Dreamcast, Nintendo IS NOT in such a peril.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The 4 main ways I see Nintendo making money off of their HARDWARE (not software) are:

1) Consoles themselves. Selling at a profit. It seems that Nintendo is selling near breakeven right now, and if they do a price cut that can make it a loss.

2) Royalties from 3'rd party developers. So yeah... Nintendo can declare war if it wants. If it hates money that is.

3) Perhipherals. Which seems less likely given how so many people already have a Wiimote and the accessories from the Wii generation.

4) Additional serivices. Like XBox Live/PSN premium. I don't know how things like Netflix on the consoles work, but maybe the big 3 are able to monetize that somehow and get a cut?

So 1 and 3 are definetly out, 4 seems iffy. And what's more important is that the main source of revenue (game consoles typically are sold at a loss) is completely being jeopardized.

So, why should Nintendo stay in the consoles market?

Around the Network

should i even bother reading this?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What a joke. Nintendo brought this on themselves. I used to believe third parties were out and against them until I did a little research myself. Nintendo works with no one and expects people to break their back to work on their unique tech that generally only works for them. Sony and Microsoft make their own games but can also work in harmony with third parties. Why can't Nintendo? Sure, Sony liberated third parties in the mid-late 90's from Nintendo but as they screwed up with the PS3 architecture and they apologized to the third party devs for screwing up with the cell. They understand that third parties titles are console sellers now and publisher and dev respect is due.

@bold. How? How do you know that Nintendo is hard to work with? Where do you get that information nobody else knows about?

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

@bold. How? How do you know that Nintendo is hard to work with? Where do you get that information nobody else knows about?

Dude...we've been talking about this for a while now. Look up any documentary or article talking about Nintendo when they were strong with third parties in the 90's. I thought third parties were disliking them and I couldn't prove it until I tried to figure it out for myself. Nintendo is an enclosed company with their own goals. 

As a Nintendo fan you should know Nintendo will always do whats best for Nintendo. Its never mattered what third parties think.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude...we've been talking about this for a while now. Look up any documentary or article talking about Nintendo when they were strong with third parties in the 90's. I thought third parties were disliking them and I couldn't prove it until I tried to figure it out for myself. Nintendo is an enclosed company with their own goals. 

As a Nintendo fan you should know Nintendo will always do what they think is best for Nintendo [edited]. Its never mattered what third parties think.

Isn't that what every buisness does? The interests of the own company always are the first thing companies will consider. How it turns out is another story...

According to latest reports, like Nintendo Dawn, America is already occupied by Nintendo and allied forces.