By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo could buy Epic games serveral times over with just the cash they have lying around.....

SoujiroNagi said:

With all this so called "money" why couldn't they make a better console? Why can't they just Buy 3rd party? 

Because Iwata is stupid.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
and yet all the cash in the word can't bridge the power gap between wiiU and ps4/xbox8 that is causing it to miss on every engine, every game.

Yeah, certainly it is about power, since UE4 can be scaled down to phones, but not to Wii U. Also, that would certainly explain why the iPhone 3GS got a port of UE3, after all, it's a such small power gap between it and 360/PS3, right?

newwil7l said:
SoujiroNagi said:

With all this so called "money" why couldn't they make a better console? Why can't they just Buy 3rd party? 

Because Iwata is stupid.

Stupid is a bit much. They are very conservative in terms of making new acquisitions. I mean, Bayonetta 2 was probably the boldest thing the company's done since buying Monolith Soft back in 2006.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:

What the heck is Coy? xD

And I repeat myself, that's odd. I played games published by Microsoft in 2012. And I will play games published by Microsoft in 2013. Of course Microsoft does care about the money above all else; don't be delusional: all companies do. But you should clean your eyes. The games are there, but you can't see 'em.

It means you're beating around the bush. Just come out and tell us what amazing games these games you are talking about are.

What it means is you're talking like you have a big list of games to pull out, but we know that isnt the case. There is no denying that Nintendo and Sony both have a wider array of exclusives.

Coy, huh? No, you just prove yourself that you miss entirely the point of our discussion. Did I say that Microsoft has more exclusives than Nintendo or Sony? Nah. You just went and blatanly lie about the games and Microsoft. Now you've twisted the conversation to end up saying that Nintendo and Sony both have a wider array of exclusives. Congratulations! You're clueless with your arguments.

And just for the record: Ninja Blade, Alan Wake, the sequel to Crackdown (which is pretty horrible though), Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja and Dust are examples of games published by Microsoft later than those three years you said. Exemplary? No. But this pretty much void your argument.

Yes, whatever you say. Great high profile games you listed there. You are completely right.

What i imagine to be playing is ninja blade, crackdown, dust and mark of the ninja. Who cares about X, Fire emblem x shin megami tensei, God of war, the last of us. uncharted, GT, etc. You are completely right. How couldnt we see?

My point never changed. Microsoft doesnt care about gamers and games, they only care about ruling the living room space and extorting as much money as they can. And that is why they dont buy Nintendo or why they didnt buy SEGA. You sir, have no case.

BuckStud said:
blkfish92 said:
It's Nintendo's fault! The wiiu is practically on par with the ps3 only lol

See, again it's replies like this that don't add any value to the discussion that we are getting tired of. Isn't it enough already....It might be funny if you're tweelve, but grow up.

Uh what? I'm seriously saying as to why it can't happen bro lol

Around the Network
KHlover said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
SoujiroNagi said:

Because unlike Sony and Microsoft they don't have other parts of the company to offset the losses of a failure (well, it seems you can say the same about Sony pretty soon). If the Nextbox should fail Microsoft maybe burned a few hundred million or even a few billion dollars. Many heads would roll. But since MS also has the OS buisness, the Office buisness etc. the company itself would survive. Sony has their multimedia stuff. If Nintendo just mindlessly bought 3rd party devs until their savings were gone and the WiiU would indeed fail they could not balance those losses since they only consist of their gaming department. Stocks would fall rapidly and Nintendo would be insolvent, just like THQ.

They HAVE to play it safe to a certain degree.

Microsofts major investors are all old people who want them out of the gaming industry. Balmer never listens to them at shareholder meetings and if the 720 screws up MS will get bitched at from sun up to sun down.

But the company itself would be able to take the hit, right?

My point was that Nintendo - if it should spend their savings - made huge losses with the WiiU they wouldn't be able to take the hit like MS and the entire company would go down instead of just the gaming department of MS, thus forcing them to play it safe.

The profit the gaming industry provides is nothing to Microsoft. They've taken more financial hits since they've been in the industry and yes they can take the hit. As Pachter said before, Nintendo will more than likely profit off of the Wii U. If they go down its not going to be anytime soon. Nintendo has always been about cheap hardware in terms of being up with the times, or at least close to it. 

I agree. It all was a hypothethical scenario in response to the first post in this quote-tree anyways. One may agree with Nintendo's policy or not, but they won't go anywhere anytime soon.

He said it would probably take  half a century for their resources to run out on the last Pach Attack that I watched. Thats how frugal Nintendo seems to be.

Nem said:

Yes, whatever you say. Great high profile games you listed there. You are completely right.

What i imagine to be playing is ninja blade, crackdown, dust and mark of the ninja. Who cares about X, Fire emblem x shin megami tensei, God of war, the last of us. uncharted, GT, etc. You are completely right. How couldnt we see?

My point never changed. Microsoft doesnt care about gamers and games, they only care about ruling the living room space and extorting as much money as they can. And that is why they dont buy Nintendo or why they didnt buy SEGA. You sir, have no case.

Let's see if I understand this.

You can list God of War, Uncharted and GT, but I have to rule out Gears of War, Halo, Forza and Fable out of my list? Where's the fairness there? So those are good games to you? Of all the games you could mention from the Ps3? That's freakin' funny.  There's Rain, Puppeteer, Beyond (At least you mentioned The Last of Us, thank God) this year, you know. I care about those games, you know.

But you're missing the point, again. We were not comparing companies, nor comparing game quality. There's enough Uncharted vs Gears of war and Forza vs Gran Turismo in this generation already. But here, you said the following thing:

Nem said:

They should totally go for it then.

Oh right... they just want to rule the living room, they dont care about giving us good games.

I (and yourself) have proven that yes, indeed, they have given us good games (and they keep doing so). So no, that statement does not stand. They want money? Of course. Sony and Nintendo want money too. But that is not the point, you see.

I, sir, have a case, I'm afraid. You keep going off the point.

WereKitten said:
MDMAlliance said:

I believe that quote came after he made the comment, but I cannot be too sure.

However it is very likely that they're just making excuses because I don't know what UE3 has that MT Frameworks doesn't that makes it so difficult to make at least the version the phones use to put the UE3 on it.  You're bringing up the programmable shaders, but I'll just come right out and say I have no idea what that means or how that seriously impacts the capability of making an engine work on a piece of hardware.  Especially since the 3DS is such a big system now (sales wise), I don't know why the resources wont be worth using since it really can't be that much of a big deal.

I'm pretty sure there's no technical reason that can't be overcome by enough economic incentives.

MT Frameworks is probably a skewed comparison, as it's an internal engine that Capcom could tailor exactly around their games and expand strictly along their requirements. Whereas UE tries to have a broader appeal and thus has to offer a more ductile feature set. For what we know, the MT Framework mobile used in 3DS might be an almost integral rewrite and does not even try to offer the same features - as a general purpose engine- of its bigger sibling.

i would not read too much into it: Epic come from the PC and they tend to stick to standard, general solutions. They might be wrong in their business choices when it comes to something like the 3DS that requires a dirtier, peculiar approach. But it's probably more about their experience and company culture than about any irrational resentment against Nintendo.

I can see how this could be the case.

The delusional idea of nintendo buying out developers. Lol.

Good luck with it!

They couldn't though.

Since for Nintendo to buy them, Epic would have to be willing to sell them.

Epic would be worth more then it's valuation if sold then as well.