By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo could buy Epic games serveral times over with just the cash they have lying around.....

Microsoft could by Nintendo over several times.

What's your point.

Are only the fattest fish allowed to voice themselves publicly?

Around the Network
SoujiroNagi said:

With all this so called "money" why couldn't they make a better console? Why can't they just Buy 3rd party? 

Because unlike Sony and Microsoft they don't have other parts of the company to offset the losses of a failure (well, it seems you can say the same about Sony pretty soon). If the Nextbox should fail Microsoft maybe burned a few hundred million or even a few billion dollars. Many heads would roll. But since MS also has the OS buisness, the Office buisness etc. the company itself would survive. Sony has their multimedia stuff. If Nintendo just mindlessly bought 3rd party devs until their savings were gone and the WiiU would indeed fail they could not balance those losses since they only consist of their gaming department. Stocks would fall rapidly and Nintendo would be insolvent, just like THQ.

They HAVE to play it safe to a certain degree.

So they don't just have money lying around? I didn't say buy 3rd party DEVS tell there money is gone but why not a few? Everyone says Sony is losing money here and there but you also hear about them dropping this DEV and buying this DEV I understand Sony and Microsoft do have other things to fall back on but if Nintendo got so much money as everyone hypes about why isn't they putting any of it to good uses? Not even in advertisement, not hardware, and not software, so what they just sleeping with it..? What's the point... >.>

TechXIII: Listen To Our Story.

Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:
Gugerface said:
And Microsoft has enough cash lying around to buy Nintendo. What is the point?

They should totally go for it then.

Oh right... they just want to rule the living room, they dont care about giving us good games.

That's funny. I've been playing good games thanks to Microsoft for a long time now.

I guess you cant have enough shooters.

Wait, that's odd. I only count 4 shooters in my list of games, and three of them are from the same franchise!

You're playing coy. We all know Microsoft only "makes" games for 4 franchises nowadays. Halo, Forza, Fable and gears. Enjoy getting shoveled more of those.

KHlover said:
SoujiroNagi said:

With all this so called "money" why couldn't they make a better console? Why can't they just Buy 3rd party? 

Because unlike Sony and Microsoft they don't have other parts of the company to offset the losses of a failure (well, it seems you can say the same about Sony pretty soon). If the Nextbox should fail Microsoft maybe burned a few hundred million or even a few billion dollars. Many heads would roll. But since MS also has the OS buisness, the Office buisness etc. the company itself would survive. Sony has their multimedia stuff. If Nintendo just mindlessly bought 3rd party devs until their savings were gone and the WiiU would indeed fail they could not balance those losses since they only consist of their gaming department. Stocks would fall rapidly and Nintendo would be insolvent, just like THQ.

Microsofts major investors are all old people who want them out of the gaming industry. Balmer never listens to them at shareholder meetings and if the 720 screws up MS will get bitched at from sun up to sun down.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:

Oh right... they just want to rule the living room, they dont care about giving us good games.

That's funny. I've been playing good games thanks to Microsoft for a long time now.

Wait, that's odd. I only count 4 shooters in my list of games, and three of them are from the same franchise!

You're playing coy. We all know Microsoft only "makes" games for 4 franchises nowadays. Halo, Forza, Fable and gears. Enjoy getting shoveled more of those.

Coy?

And Microsoft also "publishes" games. Think about that before making assumptions of what I play and what I don't play =P

Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:

Coy?

And Microsoft also "publishes" games. Think about that before making assumptions of what I play and what I don't play =P

You're still playing Coy. Microsoft published games were released in the first 3 years of the system. Those lost odyssey, blue dragon, Mass effect, etc. ended. Theres no more of those coming. Open your eyes, microsoft does not care about gamers, they care about finding ways to fool you out of your money.

Talal said:
maxnyc said:

Love all the backseat Nintendo drivers, but last time i checked Nintendo crushed last-gen. Now, the 3ds is destroying the vita, even worse than ds beat psp. And Sony (which is basically bankrupt) & microsoft (which consistently plays me-too & never originates anything new -they didn't even develop kinect themselves) are going to somehow demolish nintendo once they finally release these "next-gen" systems. Man, don't hold your breath, cause you'll turn blue & keel over. Epic is backing themselves into a corner, cause if ps4/720 fail, then epic is going to be banking on the mobile market. I wish them the best with that 1.

If 25 million difference (and shrinking) is "crushing" then what's 130 million difference?

Just the difference is a number Nintendo has never gotten in the console market LOL.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
SoujiroNagi said:

Microsofts major investors are all old people who want them out of the gaming industry. Balmer never listens to them at shareholder meetings and if the 720 screws up MS will get bitched at from sun up to sun down.

But the company itself would be able to take the hit, right?

My point was that Nintendo - if it should spend their savings - made huge losses with the WiiU they wouldn't be able to take the hit like MS and the entire company would go down instead of just the gaming department of MS, thus forcing them to play it safe.

Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:
Wright said:
Nem said:

Coy?

You're still playing Coy. Microsoft published games were released in the first 3 years of the system. Those lost odyssey, blue dragon, Mass effect, etc. ended. Theres no more of those coming. Open your eyes, microsoft does not care about gamers, they care about finding ways to fool you out of your money.

What the heck is Coy? xD

And I repeat myself, that's odd. I played games published by Microsoft in 2012. And I will play games published by Microsoft in 2013. Of course Microsoft does care about the money above all else; don't be delusional: all companies do. But you should clean your eyes. The games are there, but you can't see 'em.