By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo could buy Epic games serveral times over with just the cash they have lying around.....

KHlover said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
SoujiroNagi said:

With all this so called "money" why couldn't they make a better console? Why can't they just Buy 3rd party? 

Because unlike Sony and Microsoft they don't have other parts of the company to offset the losses of a failure (well, it seems you can say the same about Sony pretty soon). If the Nextbox should fail Microsoft maybe burned a few hundred million or even a few billion dollars. Many heads would roll. But since MS also has the OS buisness, the Office buisness etc. the company itself would survive. Sony has their multimedia stuff. If Nintendo just mindlessly bought 3rd party devs until their savings were gone and the WiiU would indeed fail they could not balance those losses since they only consist of their gaming department. Stocks would fall rapidly and Nintendo would be insolvent, just like THQ.

They HAVE to play it safe to a certain degree.

Microsofts major investors are all old people who want them out of the gaming industry. Balmer never listens to them at shareholder meetings and if the 720 screws up MS will get bitched at from sun up to sun down.

But the company itself would be able to take the hit, right?

My point was that Nintendo - if it should spend their savings - made huge losses with the WiiU they wouldn't be able to take the hit like MS and the entire company would go down instead of just the gaming department of MS, thus forcing them to play it safe.

The profit the gaming industry provides is nothing to Microsoft. They've taken more financial hits since they've been in the industry and yes they can take the hit. As Pachter said before, Nintendo will more than likely profit off of the Wii U. If they go down its not going to be anytime soon. Nintendo has always been about cheap hardware in terms of being up with the times, or at least close to it. 

Around the Network
Wright said:

What the heck is Coy? xD

And I repeat myself, that's odd. I played games published by Microsoft in 2012. And I will play games published by Microsoft in 2013. Of course Microsoft does care about the money above all else; don't be delusional: all companies do. But you should clean your eyes. The games are there, but you can't see 'em.

It means you're beating around the bush. Just come out and tell us what amazing games these games you are talking about are.

What it means is you're talking like you have a big list of games to pull out, but we know that isnt the case. There is no denying that Nintendo and Sony both have a wider array of exclusives.

It's Nintendo's fault! The wiiu is practically on par with the ps3 only lol

The OP makes it sound like Nintendo has a baseball bat out of cash lying around and would teach Epic some respect. Here Epic feel the crushing weight of the Billions we will throw at you. That will teach you some respect. Now stop making fun of us can't you see how much money we have in our wallet ?

Epic can afford to be arrogant. I don't follow your logic. Alot of the 3rd parties don't care or need Nintendo their target group is elsewhere

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
SoujiroNagi said:

With all this so called "money" why couldn't they make a better console? Why can't they just Buy 3rd party? 

Because unlike Sony and Microsoft they don't have other parts of the company to offset the losses of a failure (well, it seems you can say the same about Sony pretty soon). If the Nextbox should fail Microsoft maybe burned a few hundred million or even a few billion dollars. Many heads would roll. But since MS also has the OS buisness, the Office buisness etc. the company itself would survive. Sony has their multimedia stuff. If Nintendo just mindlessly bought 3rd party devs until their savings were gone and the WiiU would indeed fail they could not balance those losses since they only consist of their gaming department. Stocks would fall rapidly and Nintendo would be insolvent, just like THQ.

They HAVE to play it safe to a certain degree.

Microsofts major investors are all old people who want them out of the gaming industry. Balmer never listens to them at shareholder meetings and if the 720 screws up MS will get bitched at from sun up to sun down.

But the company itself would be able to take the hit, right?

My point was that Nintendo - if it should spend their savings - made huge losses with the WiiU they wouldn't be able to take the hit like MS and the entire company would go down instead of just the gaming department of MS, thus forcing them to play it safe.

The profit the gaming industry provides is nothing to Microsoft. They've taken more financial hits since they've been in the industry and yes they can take the hit. As Pachter said before, Nintendo will more than likely profit off of the Wii U. If they go down its not going to be anytime soon. Nintendo has always been about cheap hardware in terms of being up with the times, or at least close to it. 

I agree. It all was a hypothethical scenario in response to the first post in this quote-tree anyways. One may agree with Nintendo's policy or not, but they won't go anywhere anytime soon.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
How about using all that cash to actually make a console that is on par or more powerful than PS4/720? Perhaps then all the fans would be happier and 3rd parties could bring their new engines on to the platform. Why don't they do that with all their cash?

Who says that Nintendo fans aren't happy with the Wii U?  The ones who seem unhappy are the trolls that spends their days posting crap in Nintendo forums.  I have a Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS XL/Vita/etc.. and am happy with them all.  The only complaint I would even consider with the Wii U are the digital triggers, othwerwise I've been perfectly happy with the system.  What I'm not happy with is veiwing post from other happy Wii U owners just to run into a lot of crap from the haters.   Is there a reason why they feal compelled to try and ruin other peoples fun?  Explain that one to me.

As for the cash, Sony spent theirs like water and see where that got them.  I would rather Nintendo play it a little safer and continue producing their games.  The Wii U might not be the most popular system this time around, but there will be a lot of great games out for it non the less.

Stop hating and start playing.

Nem said:
Wright said:

What the heck is Coy? xD

And I repeat myself, that's odd. I played games published by Microsoft in 2012. And I will play games published by Microsoft in 2013. Of course Microsoft does care about the money above all else; don't be delusional: all companies do. But you should clean your eyes. The games are there, but you can't see 'em.

It means you're beating around the bush. Just come out and tell us what amazing games these games you are talking about are.

What it means is you're talking like you have a big list of games to pull out, but we know that isnt the case. There is no denying that Nintendo and Sony both have a wider array of exclusives.

Coy, huh? No, you just prove yourself that you miss entirely the point of our discussion. Did I say that Microsoft has more exclusives than Nintendo or Sony? Nah. You just went and blatanly lie about the games and Microsoft. Now you've twisted the conversation to end up saying that Nintendo and Sony both have a wider array of exclusives. Congratulations! You're clueless with your arguments.

And just for the record: Ninja Blade, Alan Wake, the sequel to Crackdown (which is pretty horrible though), Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja and Dust are examples of games published by Microsoft later than those three years you said. Exemplary? No. But this pretty much void your argument.

blkfish92 said:
It's Nintendo's fault! The wiiu is practically on par with the ps3 only lol

See, again it's replies like this that don't add any value to the discussion that we are getting tired of. Isn't it enough already....It might be funny if you're tweelve, but grow up.

Stop hating and start playing.

Lol. Butthurt much?

BuckStud said:
UltimateUnknown said:
How about using all that cash to actually make a console that is on par or more powerful than PS4/720? Perhaps then all the fans would be happier and 3rd parties could bring their new engines on to the platform. Why don't they do that with all their cash?

Who says that Nintendo fans aren't happy with the Wii U?  The ones who seem unhappy are the trolls that spends their days posting crap in Nintendo forums.  I have a Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3/3DS XL/Vita/etc.. and am happy with them all.  The only complaint I would even consider with the Wii U are the digital triggers, othwerwise I've been perfectly happy with the system.  What I'm not happy with is veiwing post from other happy Wii U owners just to run into a lot of crap from the haters.   Is there a reason why they feal compelled to try and ruin other peoples fun?  Explain that one to me.

As for the cash, Sony spent theirs like water and see where that got them.  I would rather Nintendo play it a little safer and continue producing their games.  The Wii U might not be the most popular system this time around, but there will be a lot of great games out for it non the less.

That's why I said the fans would be "happier".

What's better than being happy? Being happier!

I never said you aren't happy, but I am sure if the Wii U was 5 times more powerful then you would be more happy right? I love my 3DS too, but if it was as powerful as high end PCs, I would be even happier.

And seriously man, calm down. You don't have to go on a rampage just because some people don't like the same thing as you do. We all have different tastes.