By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More positive WiiU UK news

Any word on when the date cutoff was for this 125% increase? Because the sale was announced on the 22nd, and Monster Hunter came out the same day. From what I understand, sales data is compiled at the end of the week, so we could be looking at a bump from 2 days.

It'll be interesting to see the numbers after a full week of the sale with Monster Hunter available and now Lego City as of yesterday.

Around the Network

well it is to be expected, anyways it's good to see some positive wiiu news C:

RicardJulianti said:
Any word on when the date cutoff was for this 125% increase? Because the sale was announced on the 22nd, and Monster Hunter came out the same day. From what I understand, sales data is compiled at the end of the week, so we could be looking at a bump from 2 days.

It'll be interesting to see the numbers after a full week of the sale with Monster Hunter available and now Lego City as of yesterday.

As usual it's 2 days of sales, yes.

2nd week numbers for core games are always lower than 1st week sales (hell most of the time 1st day sales are higher than the full 2nd week).
MH won't do much to improve HW sales for next week, but Lego City can surely dampen the fall or even increase them slightly... in Europe at least.

Don't forget though that Monster Hunter had a launch bundle and Lego City won't have one.

curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:
curl-6 said:
About time we got some non-doom-and-gloom news about Wii U.

im off to make me some WiiU doom threads. i mean WiiU getting one non doom thread is enough. 

Oh no, I just realized, I made another non-doom Wii U thread with the Most Wanted Digital Foundry thread! 0_0

Two non-doom Wii U threads at the same time? Oh noez, the sky will fall! Oh no, wait, this one had been turned into a doom thread, the world is saved...

two threads? thats taking it too far!!

lol, now every hater is acting like Monster Hunter is THE system selller every console needs and this is still poor, a month ago all the haters said Monster Hunter is a niche, won't boost it. Now you act like the wii u is doomed, cause when mh can't sell it nothing can do it....hypocrisy at its finest.

Around the Network

Wow nintendo fans can't have any hurrahs on here without sony fans shooting them down. we now it's not a ig increase but its an increase let us eat!!!!

Any sales increase is welcome. Simple as that.

The Wii U needs a constant stream of this, if it's to keep sales increases like this.

Lego didn't release that week though.

Only Monster Hunter and that sold a mere 25k. The increase in hardware was mostly due to the heavy temporary price cut.

Monster Hunter isn't, by any means, the biggest 3rd Party exclusive... It is a PORT of Wii's MH and also came out w a 3DS version... I would say LEGO is bigger than MH.