By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What don't you like about VG Chartz?

first, the "The Latest Worldwide Console Sales". Wii sold 6.57 million at the end of March, and 6.40 m right now?

Well, North America chart was good, but now its a joke.

put more attention to World (hardware/software) section...

Around the Network

Only thing I don't like about it right now is that all the news links return a 404 error.

boychat said:

first, the "The Latest Worldwide Console Sales". Wii sold 6.57 million at the end of March, and 6.40 m right now?

Adjustements were made when Data came in that showed VGchartz was overtracking the Others section, but they were accurate on the Americas stuff.

If you don't think the Americas numbers are accurate enough here's a perfect solution, help expand VGchartz retailer network 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

mmm as for i know, what it comes to screen resolution, i work in a small 15" monitor and it is soo small for this site soo big, i always have to move to the left and to the right the bar from below : (. I would also sugest something like " 100 Most Clicked games ", counting the times where a game is selected, later, adding realtime click to the top 100 or at least dayly : P. mmm what else mmm may be some added value such as only one PDF download for yearly data ( consoles sold, games sold, financial reports, head 2 head 2 head, etc,etc the more companies listed and data included the better : P ) je je je may be i " suggested " a lot :_D

Around the Network

Um if it's not too much would like to have montly and yearly American charts back. As well as comparisons for it as well. And hopefully an extended European chart section. But otherwise everything else is pretty good. But I'm mainly on here for sales not chatting. So I'm sure you have all that planned to bring back but just thought I'd bring it up if ya dont' mind.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
boychat said:

Adjustements were made when Data came in that showed VGchartz was overtracking the Others section, but they were accurate on the Americas stuff.

If you don't think the Americas numbers are accurate enough here's a perfect solution, help expand VGchartz retailer network 

Before adjustements, Americas Wii March sales (5 weeks) = 444000.  not accurate at all.

the pretty accurate sales numbers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

BenKenobi88 said:
Legend11 said:

My input... (I likely won't be here long even if I'm not banned because of this post, the Wii fanboy aspect of the site is getting to be too much, it wouldn't be bad if the site was balanced but it's not.)

1. That this site is a wii fanboy paradise. Seriously why not change the site's name to wiichartz.com? People like Kwaad are basically your whipping boys, I can point out half a dozen other users that post flame bait on here that haven't ever been banned and strangely enough they're *all* Nintendo fanboys. The only ones that get banned are Xbox and Sony ones. Seriously name me *one* person that was banned because they were a Wii troll or posted flamebait against the Xbox 360 and/or PS3.

2. News? Seriously just make some deals with some Wii fansites and put rss feeds to their news on your page if you want to continue running things the way they are now and never grow the site. If you're serious though and want to make a decent news section, why not contact *all* the gaming sites, ign, gamespot, etc, and make deals to use rss feeds. They get the clicks and interest generated from those feeds and you get a real news section with very little effort involved in upkeep. Keep the fanboy news postings from members of this site to a minimum (eg. "The Aliens are buying Xbox 360 games"), crap that like hauls this site down.

Also controversial things like counting a Wii pack-in game hauls down the site as well. It gives the appearance of the site being Wii biased needlessly and messes with the rest of the numbers on the site for the share of game sales by console, attachment rates, etc.

1. Yes, there's lots of Wii fans here, but I haven't see anything close to the annoyance of Kwaad or Hus, save for maybe a couple Wii fans, but they haven't done anything ban-worthy yet, and they don't post as frequently either.

2. not a bad idea.

And there's a few threads that discuss the Wii Sports pack-in game...it's not that controversial...in America, you're paying for the game in the system bundle, you're getting the actual Wii Sports disc. The only thing possibly controversial is the fact that you have to buy the game, and maybe some people don't play it...but either way, you ARE buying the game when you buy the Wii.

I agree with Legend11 on his first point about this site having a wii slant to it. It's created mainly by the user base here and really limits the growth of this site. There are a bunch of users here who side with Nintendo and are just as bad, if not worst, then Kwaad, but their trolling or flamebait posts go unnoticed and unpunished simply because there are very few Playstation or X-box fans on this site to annoy and to complain about it. When Kwaad or another Playstation or X-box fan makes a similar post of the same trolling/flamebait magnitude, more outrage occurs because there are so many wii fans here. And no offence to the mods but they only seem to react to these posts when people start complaining. Therefore if there is no one to complain about the wii users making flamebait posts, nothing is done about it. 

I don't go to this site for news.  There are several other blogs out there skimming the net for the latest:  Kotaku, Joystiq, Engadget.  This site to me is for raw numbers.  It is the site that gives fuel to fanboy fires.  It is the most reliable account of systems sold and is considered by most forums to be the most definitive numbers set we have to play with.

So as far as forum and news....while I think these areas are entertaining, they aren't my favorite to read (Few forums are fun to read, but we all find ourselves here anyway...go figure).  My point is that I think the site should focus on numbers and stats.  I'm not sure how popular this site has become, or if this desire to revamp the forum and/or site is in response to forum threads or a reduction in raw hits per day, but I would think that the site is highly traveled, though less likely posted in than the boards at IGN or Gamespot.  And I don't think that should matter.  This site should be a geekfest....not system wars.  In my opinion, the idea of us weighing in on a systems merits seems to reek of bias and should be kept to a minimum.  We really should only be looking at trends and speculation, cause and effect.

But none of that matters.  Forums will be forums.

Aside from that, I do have a couple quick ideas for chart modifications:

1: I would like to know when a chart was last updated.  I am specifically referring to the main page numbers.  I would also like to know what the last confirmed totals via Media Create and NPD were.  For instance, this month some modifications were necessary to better reflect the sales numbers.  Of course this will happen and should not be misconstrued as bias or incompetence.  This site is supposed to predict, otherwise we could all just keep track ourselves.  That being said, it would be nice to know the last time the numbers were precisely true representaions as opposed to current speculation.  

2: I would love to see a countdown for when we are expecting new numbers.  I understand that there is no way to pinpoint the exact hour or minute, but some on here seem to know the exact day.  For the rest of us who aren't quite so informed it would be nice to have a little reminder.  This could help reduce the number of pointless threads regarding simply the date of the numbers, as opposed to their significance.

Other than that, great site.  Know that despite the state of the forums or the news the site is a valuable resource across the net.