By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What don't you like about VG Chartz?

The news section! Usually it's stupid crap that's not even news... Fake news on the front page of the website isn't really great for the sites integrity. Also it just takes longer to get to the "recent post" box.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

i think a news section is unnecessary. people that come to this site are obviously avid gamers and visit several gaming sites anyway. usually interesting or obscure news stories wind up in the threads anyway. i don't see the need for a news section. every other site has one; but no other site has the charts and data this site has. i would spend your efforts improving the charts sections; it is the reason most people came here in the first place.

maybe a prediction system? like people could predict what sales will b for the month or the year for each console? i dunno how it would work, and i know that the fact there is many wii lovers here would mean many predictions would b slightly biased, but its just an idea. Another idea, maybe u could implement a weekly vote or something? Everyone gets to vote on a subject (related to video game news or not) which changes weekly?

BenKenobi88 said:
Legend11 said:

My input... (I likely won't be here long even if I'm not banned because of this post, the Wii fanboy aspect of the site is getting to be too much, it wouldn't be bad if the site was balanced but it's not.)

1. That this site is a wii fanboy paradise. Seriously why not change the site's name to wiichartz.com? People like Kwaad are basically your whipping boys, I can point out half a dozen other users that post flame bait on here that haven't ever been banned and strangely enough they're *all* Nintendo fanboys. The only ones that get banned are Xbox and Sony ones. Seriously name me *one* person that was banned because they were a Wii troll or posted flamebait against the Xbox 360 and/or PS3.

2. News? Seriously just make some deals with some Wii fansites and put rss feeds to their news on your page if you want to continue running things the way they are now and never grow the site. If you're serious though and want to make a decent news section, why not contact *all* the gaming sites, ign, gamespot, etc, and make deals to use rss feeds. They get the clicks and interest generated from those feeds and you get a real news section with very little effort involved in upkeep. Keep the fanboy news postings from members of this site to a minimum (eg. "The Aliens are buying Xbox 360 games"), crap that like hauls this site down.

Also controversial things like counting a Wii pack-in game hauls down the site as well. It gives the appearance of the site being Wii biased needlessly and messes with the rest of the numbers on the site for the share of game sales by console, attachment rates, etc.

1. Yes, there's lots of Wii fans here, but I haven't see anything close to the annoyance of Kwaad or Hus, save for maybe a couple Wii fans, but they haven't done anything ban-worthy yet, and they don't post as frequently either.

2. not a bad idea.

And there's a few threads that discuss the Wii Sports pack-in game...it's not that controversial...in America, you're paying for the game in the system bundle, you're getting the actual Wii Sports disc. The only thing possibly controversial is the fact that you have to buy the game, and maybe some people don't play it...but either way, you ARE buying the game when you buy the Wii.

Hus and Kwaad annoy you basically because they arent wii fanboys I think .You like the Wii way more and for that reason its fanboys that are continually writing posts about the war being over and Sony screwed annoy you far less than the ones that say the PS3 is a better machine and has a lot of software coming and that they should wait a bit .Now ,the latters are sony fanboys and if they insist they are banned .Thats my impression .

On a more objetive note I would like to recover the american historic data ....I would like to see the data of say 2003 to see how the machines and software fared as I was able to do until recently .Plus having only Top50 in NA is too few games tracked .

tk1989 said:
maybe a prediction system? like people could predict what sales will b for the month or the year for each console? i dunno how it would work, and i know that the fact there is many wii lovers here would mean many predictions would b slightly biased, but its just an idea. Another idea, maybe u could implement a weekly vote or something? Everyone gets to vote on a subject (related to video game news or not) which changes weekly?

There already is a predictions league, right below Photo Galleries on the left hand side.

Around the Network

just saw that vgchartz twitched a bit the interface tonight. it's much better now, with the US and japan charts higher, and this ugly bar with profiles been put down at the bottom of the page, allowing me to reach the forum more quickly. thanks

Diomedes1976 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Hus and Kwaad annoy you basically because they arent wii fanboys I think .You like the Wii way more and for that reason its fanboys that are continually writing posts about the war being over and Sony screwed annoy you far less than the ones that say the PS3 is a better machine and has a lot of software coming and that they should wait a bit .Now ,the latters are sony fanboys and if they insist they are banned .Thats my impression .

Just a note: everything you're saying at BenKenobi can more or less be applied in the opposite to you.  Maybe Hus and Kwaad *don't* annoy *you* because they aren't Wii fanboys. 

80% of what Kwaad said was decent.  The guy pisses me off, but 80% of the stuff he posts is simple fanboy stuff, which is legitimate, and that's what you're focusing on.  The other 20%, however, was posted with the pure intention of playing mind games, and he's admitted to that.  Granted, far too many users were willing to play, and not nearly enough realized what his rules were, but they were *his* games.  That 20%, to my knowledge, is the reason he was banned.

Hus, on the other hand, didn't have that 80%.  I wouldn't be surprized if more than half of his posts contained the word "kiddy" somewhere in them.  I'm honestly not sure what basis you're using to defend him.  He never had any facts or logic in his posts... he never backed anything up.  He just jumped into a thread with all his favorite Wii insults at the ready.  I don't think anyone in the Wii or 360 camps have been *that* derisive on these forums.

The new toolbar is kind of strange, it just keep on adding more layers for each section you click, instead of that maybe drop down menus is better, that way when you take the cursor off of them they retract, because this way it kind of gets in the way

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ioi said:

That was just a bug, give me a chance !!

I'm in fixing-mode today, any other little quick things people want me to change?

Yeah.  The website needs an automatic pie dispenser.  Like a small pie.  Should come out the CD tray.  That's easy to program, right?

ioi, The new top navigation is not looking right in Safari. www.tom-ross.de/topnav.png

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.