By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What don't you like about VG Chartz?

Hey ioi, may be you could make the list of the hot topics on the front page longer? Ten threads are not enough I think, you should put another ten or twenty. It makes us easier to jump to the hot topics right away. I found some interesting threads get out of the hot list too soon.

Around the Network

The fact that the Wii sports and Wii hardware numbers for NA are different

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

- How you do post news now? I can't find a link for it? - "Last updated" or "Figures correct up to..." on the main sales data - Shouldn't the titles for the forum lists on the front page be swapped around? Aren't the main ones the "Most Recent", whereas the ones on the left "Popular Topics" (or something like that?) - Blast from the past should be restricted to previous year at least ;) I once had the current weeks sales popup in the "blast from the past", and it looked really odd - "Off topic" (forum thread list) should be renamed to "Non-gaming" (or similar). Too many threads related to gaming end up in there, and I find it confusing to find them. - Ability for moderators to delete locked threads (or maybe they just don't show up on the thread list) - Really need a thread search capability (even a simple one, just searching for an exact match in the thread title)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

PS - looking a lot better, general layout on the front page is now excellent.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I love the comparison graphs,

I hate that the photos album creation doesn't work.

Around the Network

I think the layout on the front page is improved with the exception of the main bar graphs. They look terribly squished in their new, smaller home.

One thing drives me nuts about the editor, and I don't know if you can change it... it seems to add and subtract extra spaces on its whim.  For example, if you press Enter twice, and then press backspace, suddenly it adds an extra space to the empty line.  Or sometimes when you're typing, if you spot a typo and hit backspace, it deletes two characters if one of them is a space.  REALLY screws me up when I'm proofreading my posts. 

ioi said:
"ads between post somewhere else?? maybe too the side, bottom or top" - what do you mean? Keep your comments coming please...

I would really prefer the ads to be to the side, it's annoying to have an ad in the middle of thread.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

ioi said:
"The fact that the Wii sports and Wii hardware numbers for NA are different" - where?

On the America Weekly

Wii Sports 95,865

Wii hardware 100,222 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

nintendo_fanboy said:
ioi said:
"ads between post somewhere else?? maybe too the side, bottom or top" - what do you mean? Keep your comments coming please...

I would really prefer the ads to be to the side, it's annoying to have an ad in the middle of thread.

yeah that is what I mean

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.