By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What don't you like about VG Chartz?

Entroper said:

One thing drives me nuts about the editor, and I don't know if you can change it... it seems to add and subtract extra spaces on its whim. For example, if you press Enter twice, and then press backspace, suddenly it adds an extra space to the empty line. Or sometimes when you're typing, if you spot a typo and hit backspace, it deletes two characters if one of them is a space. REALLY screws me up when I'm proofreading my posts.

enter for a double line like this.

And use shift+enter for a
line break like that. so...

enter for this
and shift+enter for this.

Simple enough? :P

ioi - have you seen what I said about the tree-style forum that I mentioned?

Use a tree style system.

• main thread
    • Post1
    •  
      • Reply1
      •  
        • Re: Reply1
    • Post2
    •  
      • Reply to post2
    • Post3
    • TROLL
      • Troll Flame
        • More Troll Flames
          • Still more troll flames.
            • blahblahblah
              • boo hoo hoo
                • WAAAAAA
                  • Wii Sucks!!!
                    • PS3 Sucks more!
      •  
        • I hate trolls!
          • You suck!
        • Trolls suck!
          • Blahblahblah
  •  
    • Post5

And then make the tree's collapse. You all you would have to do is 'click' on the tab for the 'TROLL' responce, and that whole massive tree would vanish, and only have decent posts. Also that way, there would be more orginization.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

The formatting is kinda wack on that for some reason, but it still shows my general idea.

EDIT: I put this reply in this thread becuase of the fear a edit to that thread would wack the formatting more than it already is. 

Does anyone hate the advertising in the middle of the topic? Well I guess it helps keep this site running. Or is it just me that it bugs?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
Does anyone hate the advertising in the middle of the topic? Well I guess it helps keep this site running. Or is it just me that it bugs?

The ads are too tall for it to be in the middle. Especially considering how narrow the forum is anyways. It should be along the sides. I run my computer at 1280x1024, and there is a gap plenty wide for 1 ad on each side of the screen to go all the way up, and down the page. I would rather see a few vertical ads across the side.

Ya I agree

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

What don't I like: The Digg Effect!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ioi said:
shams, thanks for the feedback, we've addressed a lot of those already:

- News is now handled by 3-4 official news writers on the site. I am adding a function where you can tell them about new stories, but for now if there's anything interesting and different you want to see added email news@vgchartz.com
no prob, just wasn't sure. I think this is a good idea anyway. It could also be added to users whom you decide to "reward" for non-spammish behaviour?

- Front page data is current as of the last update for the different regions
Europe? If you could add this disclaimer somewhere (your text, above line) it may help - doesn't need to be on the main page.

- Confused about your forum list comment...
Don't worry about it, I think its right anyway. Its a good mix of threads, that's important :)

- Moderators lock threads which get sent down the list. I don't really see the need for deletion
As long as locked threads never end up flooding the thread list. Last time I looked, about 20% of the threads on the main page were locked.

- "The fact that the Wii sports and Wii hardware numbers for NA are different" - where?
Saw different numbers in the last weekly US figures post.

- Quick reply messes up br tags - yes I am trying to fix that as well
(oops, ignore my message below then :>)

One big thing - really need to do something about replying to RTF messages - hate having to manually reformat them (into HTML?) before replying. Can't you convert the RTF into a simple HTML when posted, and use the same format? (assume you have some flag stored with the message when its created, to know what type it is?).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I see 1765 online user on the right top right now. Is it some error or this site suddenly get so popular?

Seems that there is intermittant outage when I can't get to the site (at least between 10-11:30AM today). Seems to be most often earlier in the week. any idea what could be causing it?

Could the 1700+users be a DDOS? leadint to me not being able to hit the site? 

In the forum submenu of the nav bar, can you add links to the individual subforum? there's only three, so the number of submenu entry goes from two to five, but it really helps in the navigation, because there is little of value on the forum main page except to the new user