By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinions: What is bigger. Call of Duty or Mario

ToraTiger said:
I think Angry Birds is bigger than COD....

lol

Around the Network

Mario is the bigger franchise cause it will survive.And it is exclusive while CoD being Multiplat and getting released every year.

This Gen we had a complete 180 in change of taste
CoD is the maingame for the "cool"(at least they think that) kids in this Gen - NextGen it will be something different.
CoD had the luck it was around at the right time and being casual enough to reach a big enough audience.If CoD would have been a core game/shooter it wouldn't had that success but it is a game that rewards everyone no matter how good you are.Everyone is a MLG Champ.
Look up Quake,Doom,UT,CS,PK and Fatal1ty on youtube to see how core shooters look like and how FPS were played before CoD took over =)

Since the NES the taste in games didn't change anywhere near that noticeable and drastic cause Japanese Consoles were dominating the whole time.CoD was together with Microsoft/XboxLive/Console Online Era and Sony screwing up with the PS3 in the early years the driving force for letting that happen.
Activision had the right timing.

Mario is and will always be around.It will probably survive everyone of us.
NextGen with the PS4 probably being on top we will (hopefully) see a change again(it can only get better than it is now :/) but Mario will do always good.Nintendo is a beast when it comes to Mario Games.

D-Minaj225 said:
ToraTiger said:

lol

I'm serious....

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Mario is bigger.

CoD list you have has more games in it than the Mario one for one thing
The CoD list covers several platforms as well
Mario may not be as heavily front-loaded as CoD, but it surely has better legs.
Also Mario on handhelds sell pretty well too. It isn't quite fair to leave that part out when comparing the two, because CoD has nearly no handheld presence, but Mario has a large one.

ToraTiger said:
D-Minaj225 said:
ToraTiger said:

lol

I'm serious....

I'm playing angry birds on my phone right now lol

Around the Network

Anybody getting on me and enix about to go in. HR 3 and higher!

There is not a single IP in the industry that is worth more than Mario, period!

Mario is only 30mil behind and you did'nt even include the handheld games, I bet it was for the sake of the conversasion (I see no other reasons rly, and to be honest I think it's stupid to not include handheld since if their were no mario games on DS the sales for the Wii games would probably be way higher. For example, how many ppl do you think never bought NSMBWii cause they already had NSMB on DS and one NSMB game was enough for them?), otherwise the numbers for Mario would be crushing CoD.

And lets not even get started on the marchandise. Mario shirts, lunchboxs, toys, cards, pillows and so on... CoD can't even compare on marchandise.

Mario was the biggest IP in the industry 25years ago, it was still true 15years ago, it's still true today and will be still true in 5years. Meanwhile in 5years CoD will not be nearly as popular as it is today. A new gen means a new fad, and we will look back and laugh at how silly it was for ppl to actualy think CoD was bigger than Mario, the same way we are laughing at those who made similar claims (if any) about Counterstrike, Diablo or World of Warcraft.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

D-Minaj225 said:
ToraTiger said:
D-Minaj225 said:
ToraTiger said:

lol

I'm serious....

I'm playing angry birds on my phone right now lol

lol im playing it on my laptop like a dope

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Salnax said:
A game series that is on all consoles is slightly more popular than a platform exclusive, provided you ignore the handheld portion of the market?

Okay..

Yeah, pretty much this.  Sorry JayWood but when you have to really strech your own rules just to prove that a Multi-Plat sold more than an exclusive, then you're doing it wrong.  And Mario MultiPlat would sells so well VG chartz wouldn't have the amount of numbers to track it.

Mario is the face of gaming. I still can't believe people are throng to debate this.