By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New info on PS4! from GDC

superchunk said:
  • PS4 Dev Environment – Windows 7-bit, tools are fully integrated into Visual Studio 2010 and 2012

lol this is the best tidbit of them all lol... i do love my win 7.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
You know I actually thought I read that R2 and L2 will still be analog. Maybe I dreamed it, I don't know.

They are. It's only the face buttons that are effected.

The PS5 Exists. 

nnodley said:
You know I actually thought I read that R2 and L2 will still be analog. Maybe I dreamed it, I don't know.

The triggers will still be analog, just face buttons are going digital.

halil23 said:
nnodley said:
ethomaz said:
nnodley said:
How many games are there that actually took advantage of pressure sensitive buttons?

Less than 0.1% of the games.

GT5 is one example but nobody play this game with controllers lol... or if somebody play then he was loosing all the game experience... any sim racing looks like a crap in controllers.

I'm one of those that don't use a racing wheel. lol.  I will more than likely will try to get one for GT6.  Right now I just don't want to spend money for just a racing wheel (even though I want one), but I will someday.

You're missing out man! You're missing on the way racing games meant to be played!

Both Logitech G25 & G27 support over dozens of PS3 games, you can also use it for PC & PS2!!
http://www.logitech.com/en-au/game-gear/articles/3932

They are the best wheel on the market, I've got both!!
And if any, they are worth every penny! Currently G25 is hard to find (discontinued) but can be brought under $200!! Whereas you can get G27 for $200-$300.

Cheers

This is one of the best wheels for the price. Really good quality. I've seen it new as low as $99

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364487593&sr=8-1&keywords=driving+force+gt

GribbleGrunger said:
nnodley said:

They are. It's only the face buttons that are effected.

Ok, at least I'm not crazy.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
halil23 said:
nnodley said:
ethomaz said:
nnodley said:
How many games are there that actually took advantage of pressure sensitive buttons?

Less than 0.1% of the games.

GT5 is one example but nobody play this game with controllers lol... or if somebody play then he was loosing all the game experience... any sim racing looks like a crap in controllers.

I'm one of those that don't use a racing wheel. lol.  I will more than likely will try to get one for GT6.  Right now I just don't want to spend money for just a racing wheel (even though I want one), but I will someday.

You're missing out man! You're missing on the way racing games meant to be played!

Both Logitech G25 & G27 support over dozens of PS3 games, you can also use it for PC & PS2!!
http://www.logitech.com/en-au/game-gear/articles/3932

They are the best wheel on the market, I've got both!!
And if any, they are worth every penny! Currently G25 is hard to find (discontinued) but can be brought under $200!! Whereas you can get G27 for $200-$300.

Cheers

This is one of the best wheels for the price. Really good quality. I've seen it new as low as $99

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364487593&sr=8-1&keywords=driving+force+gt

Nice!  I'll look into getting one sometime.  I've got a part time job I hopefully get so I can save up money as I finish out college for the next 3 years.  

Sony forum is always exciting and new! Updates, pictures, new info.

Unlike some other places I can think of...

Sony is doing a great job listening to the consumers, they fixed so many bothersome problems.

The only thing I don't get is the significance of the light bar indicating player# or a health bar. Look at any of the pictures of the controller and you notice that the bar is on a position where you don't see it at all while using the device. It's kinda out of the way just to try to look at it.

Everything else sounds great, though.

4 ≈ One

I wonder how much controllers are going to be. 60 bucks was already extremely pricey. I hope it doesn't rise, or I will be one unhappy customer.