By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - is ps3 actually selling better than 360?

considering the variables, is ps3 more successful than 360?

Numbers are Numbers, 360 is doing better. 134 19.12%

Considering the variables... 512 73.04%

These Variables shouldn'... 26 3.71%

Other, please specify! 29 4.14%

Total:701
J_Allard said:
Nah, I think I'll continue talking about it, thanks.

Like I already said, actual data from someone who handles these consoles and whose business revolves around them breaking down >>>>> a poll of readers from a magazine.

I hope that helps.

You have no idea how stat analysis works. Please stop being so ignorant as getting it so wrong and ignoring this fact.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Tachikoma said:
J_Allard said:
Nah, I think I'll continue talking about it, thanks.

Like I already said, actual data from someone who handles these consoles and whose business revolves around them breaking down >>>>> a poll of readers from a magazine.

I hope that helps.

A company that handles third party warranties, you know, those added extras not many people use, as well as direct warranties for ebay/amazon,.

So essentially, a third party that isn't Microsoft, that conducted a hardware failure rate analysis when Microsoft had taken measures to correct the problem, yeah that's an accurate representation of an overall failure rate isn't it.

Per usual you're missing the point.

Is it the end all, be all statistical representation? No. Is it about the best we can get? Yes. Is it infinitely more reliable and factual than a reader poll? Yes. Just look at the results of this poll in this very thread. Tells you all you need to know about polls.

You two have fun in this thread.

LOL go ahead, prove that one. Seriously. Prove it.
If you know anything about stats you should know the answer to this. So, do you know stats brah?

well it has been selling much better than xbox 360 worldwide last few years, so yes it is.  Eventually will pass xbox 360 worldwide in a year or two.

PS3 has been outselling 360 since the PS3 slim.

Even with 1yr behind 360 in US and Japan and 1.5yr in Europe and other countires. It has sold more effectively. 360 there is lots of redundancy because of failure rate. Say out of 70 million 360 sold minium 25 million are dead and replaced. It could be as high as 35million. Nobody knows.

PS3 is going to sell easily for another 3-4yrs. Graphics still look great and with price drop it should reach 100 million. GT6 or GT6P is also rumored for PS3 and there is going to be lots of support for it for many years.

J_Allard said:
phinch1 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Microsoft created the Xbox to give Sony competition. It's successor the 360 sold equally to the Ps3. From a goals perspective, the 360 is probably one of the most succesfull electronic devices of all time.

Really? you honestly believe that? xbox wasn't created to give sony competition, it was made to get sony out of the gaming market, and it hasn't so from a goals perspective it really isn't the most succesfull console of all time.......oh my thats comedy gold

I like you......but your crazy man

It was created to stop Sony from dominating the living room.

Mission accomplished.

Hey lets make a consoles to stop someone else dominating,

lets review what happend, ohh yeah we stopped one company donimating but someone else won still won, we spent billions on this master plan....and whats that?  were about to end up in 3rd place?? oh wow

Mission accomplished

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Jay520 said:
Good sir, I've never seen any user on VGChartz with those ideas you've just proposed. I'm not sure why no one has thought of this before. Thank you for informing us of this new news. I salute you.

Love it.

And to anyone on here that says there is no comparison of PS3 YLOD to the 360's RROD, consider the following:

• Do you know of ANYONE that still has a 60GB launch PS3 that HAS NOT had to be repaired at least once? - I don't.
  • 360 RRoD: Covered by 3 year warranty
  • PS3 YLOD: Not covered by any warranty. Repairs at $100+ each failure.
I think if the YLOD was actually brought to the media's attention on the same scale as the 360's RRoD, you'd be suprised at the high failure rate of launch PS3's as well. Like others have said, the fact that MS covered theirs with a warranty while Sony never did makes the differences cancel out when it comes to the old "I bought a new console when my old one broke" arguments.

Not sure if serious or just stupid.

PS3 failure rate is normal 360 was obviously not.

360 was a defective console. They were selling defective console for years. It was bound to fail. 3 yrs warranty - they were forced to do so and lost around 2billion $. But had no option because of so many law suits against them on court for selling a known defective console. So they were going to be forced anyways to provide compensation for it. Also it would be humiliating for them and no one would trust or buy it anymore

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Barozi said:
Microsoft offered a 3 years warranty. So most consoles that broke where covered and got either repaired, replaced or even both.

While I believe that many people would rather just buy a new one than pay for the repair, I don't think that many would just ignore the warranty.

On the other hand, many early PS3s broke due to YLOD and that only recently (a few years ago). None of them where covered.

Now you have lots of broken 360 where a high percentage was covered by warranty vs. a lower number of broken PS3s that had no warranty left.
They probably offset each other.

this^^^^^^^^^^

Carl2291 said:
The 360 is more successful.

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.
Increase in sales and marketshare over last generation.

and this^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, this thread reminds me the old fights between the $ony fanboys and the M$ fanboys in 2007...

... None of those answers are right.

PS3 is selling better now.  It may or may not eek out a slight numbers advanage when both completely stop selling?

360 sold better. People buying new consoles in any significant number would show up in attach rates.

Outside which... it's not like the PS3 was amazingly constructed either, having it's own YLOD problem. (Less then RROD but modern consoles are just built shoddily in general.)

Not to mention. RROD people mostly got their shit fixed for free.