By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War Judgement pisses off the loyal fan base more than God of War Ascensions

huh? when did GoW fans say they were disappointed with the game? the game is really good. not as good as GoW but its still amazing. and i barely touched multiplayer yet

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In a God of War game... I just wanna mash buttons, kill big monsters, and see violent stuff happen. The multiplayer in GoW:A... It seems a lot of people are pretty indifferent.

Did you really played the new GoW? Because it is not button mash anymore... you have to use a lot of strategy to win the battles in both single and multiplayer.

Did you really read his post? He said he *wants* to mas buttons! This and that other stuff from previous games is missing for him. But as both of you are talking about it: The former game-iterations were just button mashing?!

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In a God of War game... I just wanna mash buttons, kill big monsters, and see violent stuff happen. The multiplayer in GoW:A... It seems a lot of people are pretty indifferent.

Did you really played the new GoW? Because it is not button mash anymore... you have to use a lot of strategy to win the battles in both single and multiplayer.

Did you really read his post? He said he *wants* to mas buttons! This and that other stuff from previous games is missing for him. But as both of you are talking about it: The former game-iterations were just button mashing?!

lol sorry I mexed the words... I will fix my post... thanks.

Munkeh111 said:
Heavenly_King said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well Gears is sitting with my Xbox waiting for me to return, I have no intention of buying God of War Ascension. So far I have every game in both series, so I hope I don't regret this decision...

The game is great, and very fun. Also the MP is quite entertaining

The last boss fight is so damn epic, and you deserve to play it.  I know you want to ;)

What I really want is my brother to buy the game, I get to play the Last of Us demo and then Ascension some time in the future

The thing is, I would be perfectly happy to replay 1-3 for their platinums and I basically never care for multiplayer

the single player is awesome.  Regarding the MP I am like you, but the co-op is really fun, you should try it.  I defeated Hercules XD

Using Amazon as an indicator what people think is even worse than using Amazon to estimate sales.
Sorry, you are clubbing baby seals.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

as a god of war fan.. i assure you ascension is really good and not at all a disappointment to me.

wrt gears of war.. i respect the series although i wouldn't consider myself a "fan". ..but i'll gather that by and large people hate change and love to complain. not all to dissimilar to all the metal gear rising hate because a good game was not MGS5. as soon as you start to judge a game on what it "should be" instead of what it is everyone loses.

There are always a small number of those elitist multiplayer complainers or metacritic user trolls for every game, but the hate toward Gears of War Judgement seems to be legit amongst the popular opinion.

bevochan said:
There are always a small number of those elitist multiplayer complainers or metacritic user trolls for every game, but the hate toward Gears of War Judgement seems to be legit amongst the popular opinion.

I have 10 friends on my friend list and none of them have serious complaints with the game.  You really are reaching with this analysis. 

ethomaz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Edit - Now I understood your comment lol.

No, you read it right the first time. It felt like the same old game to me. I mashed buttons and things died. I had to use a little strategy here and there, but that can be said for any GoW game.

Multiplayer is different. In that you run around in circles and mash buttons.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

bevochan said:

User Score

Generally unfavorable reviews based on 1529 Ratings

Global Total as of 16th Mar 2013 (units): 11.85m

I think Gears will be fine regardless how Metacritic trolls feel.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)