rayman origins
mortal kombat
littlebgplanet karting
ratchet and clank
playstation all stars

thats all i can think of at the moment

lol at Mortal Kombat I guess it takes gore to a comical level

LOL wanted to see if anyone would have noticed me slipping it in  

Noticed. ;) I kinda had a inkling we might see some not-so-tame stuff brought up. 

Around the Network

Before I start listing games you need to define what you mean by "young children".

3-5

6-8

9-12

I'd consider all those ages to be "young", but I'd recommend totally different games to a 3 year than an 8 year old.

kain_kusanagi said:
Before I start listing games you need to define what you mean by "young children".

3-5

6-8

9-12

I'd consider all those ages to be "young", but I'd recommend totally different games to a 3 year than an 8 year old.

the type of games that nintendo haters would use as an example that nintendo only makes "kiddie games" if these games were nintendo first party

kain_kusanagi said:

3-5

6-8

9-12

Let's say 3-7.

bananaking21 said:
littlebigplanet 1/2
sly cooper
rayman origins
mortal kombat
littlebgplanet karting
ratchet and clank
playstation all stars

dude really mortal kombat lol.. 

Around the Network
tres said:
bananaking21 said:
littlebigplanet 1/2
sly cooper
rayman origins
mortal kombat
littlebgplanet karting
ratchet and clank
playstation all stars

dude really mortal kombat lol.. 

yeah your right. 7 year old kids are to old for a game like that. 

Everything is fine for kids honestly. As young kid I played violent/scary games, but I guess I was smarter than most and knew how life worked already. Just explain to them the concept of death and violence or something or just let them learn it themselves by giving them a game where death is very sad.

For retail games

Rayman Origins (Best kid-friendly game IMO)
Sonic Generations
Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed
Viva Pinata
Ratched and Clank Collection
Sly Cooper Thieves of Time

There are also literally hundreds of arcade games that would work.

curl-6 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

3-5

6-8

9-12

Let's say 3-7.

That is still a big age range. I'd recommend Kinectimals or Once Upon a Monster to the 3 year old while the 7 year old would probably love games like Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed, Viva Pinata and the Lego games like Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.

kain_kusanagi said:
curl-6 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

3-5

6-8

9-12

Let's say 3-7.

That is still a big age range. I'd recommend Kinectimals or Once Upon a Monster to the 3 year old while the 7 year old would probably love games like Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed, Viva Pinata and the Lego games like Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Then feel free to recommend them all. ;)