By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best kid-friendly games on Xbox 360 and PS3

tres said:

all i heard was whon whon whon get playstation whon whon whon get playstation...

i started with some pongish system that had pinball and like 8 other blip games, 2600, intellivision, colecovision, nes,snes, segamaster system, genesis, neo geo, ps1, ps2, ps3, 360, wii and my favorite of all dreamcast.  that dont stop me from getting kids kinected.  theres nothing wrong with kids being active while your sitting on your butt.  were tlking kids not you.  you would swear it was a casual gaming indoctrination.  what you dont realize or maybe you do  gaming future is beyond being lazy twiddling your dumbs.

ps4 has a touch pad and a light in front for a reason.  thats already pass button mashing very minute but it is.  just playing agame with your thumbs wont be enough to be immersive.  i dont know if you saw the video with the kinect setup in a dome with paintballs but thats far from being casual

Ah, you sound like from my generation!  We have a similarity overlap in many games.  Do you play Commander Keen? Any of the Ultimas with Numbers, or Ultaima Underworld? Star Command I and II? (aka Star Con 2)

Do you remember 'Le Stick'?  It was a baseless joystick that had (mercury?) in it so it was aligned with a real time axis – being virtual for neutral.  If you tilt it right, it would be like pushing a joystick right.  I had one, and it was a challenge to use, and required you keep in a rather uncomfortable position.  Although, it was great for 2600 Combat - because  I could make these really odd fast diagonals with it.

Because I my experiences with it, I really thought the Wii might fail and would need to solve that point of reference problem.  But their stroke of genus was the 'sensor bar' that give you a base to align from.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I live with my gf and her boy who is 8 and I honestly play almost everything with him (he often only watches).

Killzone, Far Cry, Crysis, God of War, Bioshock. I split a medusa's head in GoW the other day and he laughed...

Maybe I wouldn't let him play or watch me play games like Dead Space, Mortal Kombat or the older Silent Hill games. They're still too gory and/or scary for him.

On the other hand, he is not aggresive at all in RL, he uses to avoid conflicts with other children and he'd rather protect the weak instead of bullying them like most of children do.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

I always wanted that game and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune but the console was very expensive and I never had the money to buy it until now.

Other games would be:

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Rayman Origins
LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2(but some kids don't like the sackboy because it's brown)
Viva Piñata

A responsible parent would buy their kid(s) a Nintendo.

I guess driving games are loved by kiddos. Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 4 (Or Horizon) could be a great choice, although I'm not much into 'em.

"Hardcore" games kid-friendly are rare. I would totally say Little Big Planet and Viva Piñata for either PS3 or 360. But when I was a kid, the games I used to play were Metal Gear Solid, Zelda...even Silent Hill (Which gave me horrible nightmares, but still). I would totally recommend Metal Gear HD Collection, and some JRPGs (I used to play them too as a kid, Final Fantasy IV and VII are the ones that come to my mind). I dunno if I've stranded too far from the "kid-friendly" label =P

Around the Network

LittleBigPlanet 1/2
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Ratchet & Clank games

for me they are great kids games but even as an adult there is a lot there to enjoy!

Zappykins said:
tres said:

all i heard was whon whon whon get playstation whon whon whon get playstation...

i started with some pongish system that had pinball and like 8 other blip games, 2600, intellivision, colecovision, nes,snes, segamaster system, genesis, neo geo, ps1, ps2, ps3, 360, wii and my favorite of all dreamcast.  that dont stop me from getting kids kinected.  theres nothing wrong with kids being active while your sitting on your butt.  were tlking kids not you.  you would swear it was a casual gaming indoctrination.  what you dont realize or maybe you do  gaming future is beyond being lazy twiddling your dumbs.

ps4 has a touch pad and a light in front for a reason.  thats already pass button mashing very minute but it is.  just playing agame with your thumbs wont be enough to be immersive.  i dont know if you saw the video with the kinect setup in a dome with paintballs but thats far from being casual

Ah, you sound like from my generation!  We have a similarity overlap in many games.  Do you play Commander Keen? Any of the Ultimas with Numbers, or Ultaima Underworld? Star Command I and II? (aka Star Con 2)

Do you remember 'Le Stick'?  It was a baseless joystick that had (mercury?) in it so it was aligned with a real time axis – being virtual for neutral.  If you tilt it right, it would be like pushing a joystick right.  I had one, and it was a challenge to use, and required you keep in a rather uncomfortable position.  Although, it was great for 2600 Combat - because  I could make these really odd fast diagonals with it.

Because I my experiences with it, I really thought the Wii might fail and would need to solve that point of reference problem.  But their stroke of genus was the 'sensor bar' that give you a base to align from.

yeah iremember those lol forgot to add the commodore 64, 128 and amiga lol... damn i wasted alot of money lol

bananaking21 said:
littlebigplanet 1/2
sly cooper
rayman origins
mortal kombat
littlebgplanet karting
ratchet and clank
playstation all stars

thats all i can think of at the moment

mortal kombat from the snes used to gimme nightmares, cant remember why :L

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

avais1993 said:
bananaking21 said:
littlebigplanet 1/2
sly cooper
rayman origins
mortal kombat
littlebgplanet karting
ratchet and clank
playstation all stars

thats all i can think of at the moment

mortal kombat from the snes used to gimme nightmares, cant remember why :L

doom used to freak me out. 

LBP is great fun
I find sports games are very enjoyable and pretty easy to pick up and play (sans Pro Evo)
There's a lot of action/platformers like Sly Cooper and Ratchet that would be good for 10-13 year old.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.