By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has sold 6 million in Europe alone?

konnichiwa said:
celine said:
ismael said:
i don't know why people say that Japan is bigger than Europe (as a console market),

Because Japan is a single nation whereas european market is a collection of different national markets ?

The penetration of VG culture in Japan is very high.

That makes the Japanese market bigger???

What I mean is that , IMO, it isn't correct compare UK + France + Germany + Spain + Italy etc. to Japan because they are different market ( for example : with different languages ) under a unified label ( "European Market").

For a nation of about 120 million people, the penetration of VG in Japan is damn high.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Wow, the Wii is surpresed me every time more

I'm always very happy with Nintendo's customer support here in Germany. Localisations are also good. The main issue are release dates.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Riot Of The Blood said:
TWRoO said:
So the Wii is undertracked in Europe!... ioi is clearly biased, this site is full of Sony fans.

(sorry, had to)

ioi's numbers are well over 6m. I would say he's spot on.

Sorry no, take Australia and others away gives less than 6 million in Europe. @Avinash... actually it said it's Nintendos estimate on sell-through... not shipped. I was only joking with my post you realise, VGC is very close indeed. though Nintendo is probably guessing the sell through number based on availability and how many they shipped, so perhaps ioi is low, or perhaps not. It's hard to tell when the statement has no hard numbers and ioi is so close.

wow thats really great i wonder if it can pass ps2 there

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:
ismael said:
i don't know why people say that Japan is bigger than Europe (as a console market),

Bigger, mmmm, I would say important, there is alot of japanese games and a lot of then don't see the light in Europe-America...

There are also a lot of games made in Europe that don't see light in NA or Japan.

A couple of examples... please...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:
ismael said:

Bigger, mmmm, I would say important, there is alot of japanese games and a lot of then don't see the light in Europe-America...

There are also a lot of games made in Europe that don't see light in NA or Japan.

I would hazard a guess that Cheggers party quiz [Wii] did not get released outside UK. Also Singstar has a seperate version for most major countries [there is one for Sweden I know of] I saw some Top Trumps games for PS2 in Game... not sure if Top Trumps is an American thing or not so perhaps it isn't Europe exclusive.

TWRoO said:
FJ-Warez said:
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:
ismael said:

I would hazard a guess that Cheggers party quiz [Wii] did not get released outside UK. Also Singstar has a seperate version for most major countries [there is one for Sweden I know of] I saw some Top Trumps games for PS2 in Game... not sure if Top Trumps is an American thing or not so perhaps it isn't Europe exclusive.

Thanks thats all the info I need just to understand how important is the European market...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."