By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Poll - The primary reason for WiiU's lackluster sales is.....

The primary reason WiiU's sales are lackluster is..

Lack of Gamez - once Nint... 259 46.84%

Over-Priced - the deluxe ... 19 3.44%

Under-Powered - Nintendo ... 83 15.01%

Gamepad - No one wants to... 40 7.23%

Lack of Focus - Too core ... 50 9.04%

Lack of Marketing - You m... 56 10.13%

iOS/Android/Steam are kil... 9 1.63%

I don't know - let me see the resultz 37 6.69%

Total:553
Euphoria14 said:
snyps said:

I think ppl just don't know what they are missing. I watch movies while i'm doing dishes now. Streamed from my pc.

People have been able to do that long before the WiiU. They have tablets. Before that people had a TV in the dining room or wherever they eat, which is usually right next to the kitchen. Watching tv while doing household chores like dishes is nothing new or exclusive to the WiiU.

OT: I voted the game pad.

Excuse me, I stream my movies FROM MY PC to my gamepad, positioned in back of my sink..  How exactly do you do that with a tablet or a tv again?

Around the Network

Lack of focus, the system is just not interesting enough. The feature that was set to revolutionize the way we play games already exists for years: tablets.

Gamecube had Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart Still sold poorly. Nintendo is just back to baseline that's all, Wii Fad fade, now its back to where the sales should be.

Voted for the first, but even then, i would add 3rd party games aswell. Wii U is already missing two big titles: MGR and Tomb Raider and one coming out: Bioshock.

lol @ idiots who voted "Underpowered", after this generation showed otherwise...

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Lack of focus, the system is just not interesting enough. The feature that was set to revolutionize the way we play games already exists for years: tablets.

iPad =/= gamepad

I voted A, that is the 1st fault.

A: Not enough games to grab interest of anyone, when they add more Nintendo games later it will grab Nintendo fans, but no consoles survives just on hardcore 1st party fans...they need more exclusives like Lego and more 3rd party multiplatforms that launch at the same time.

B: I don't think it's too expensive in itself, but many wonder why buy a new console with little games for $350 when I can get an old console with a lot more games for much less.

C: Its power is low, but I don't think a large amount of people care about that in itself, it's the fact 3rd party would rather work with either established hardware or better hardware.

D: Initially I liked the tablet, and it has perks, but the commercials portray it as a big controlller blocking the way of the TV instead, making it look annoying to core gamers, and its gimmick isn't as cool as motion...making casuals not as interested.

E: There is nothing wrong with trying to cater to everyone, but the Wii U doesn't seem to be catering to anyone...not a lot of core games, not very casual, barely even Nintendoie (3ds has better variety of Nintendo games, and actually has several games with known dates coming this year while Wii U only has 1 Nintendo game that is positively coming this year, Pikmin).

F: I've never seen advertising of the Wii U outside of ones I've specifically looked up on youtube or were shown on gaming sites (by posters not actual ad), so this is a huge problem.

G: I don't think these things are doing anything. It's odd but core gamers seem to state this as a problem for casuals, but I've never heard a casual even remotely consider this type of gaming as the same thing...it's a delusional belief.

xwan said:
Gamecube had Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart Still sold poorly. Nintendo is just back to baseline that's all, Wii Fad fade, now its back to where the sales should be.

Gamecube also launched a year after the PS2 had a commanding lead (a year and a half later in Japan) and directly against the Xbox, it was not the successor of a hugely successful console and it had nothing to differentiate it from the competition.  Not the same situation.

The casuals have moved on to tablets.

The core gamers are waiting for the PS4/Nextbox.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

archbrix said:
xwan said:

Gamecube also launched a year after the PS2 had a commanding lead (a year and a half later in Japan) and directly against the Xbox, it was not the successor of a hugely successful console and it had nothing to differentiate it from the competition.  Not the same situation.

Yah, it's a Better situation, it launching before the two and still did poorly.

WiiU will not run with the PS4 and Nextbox; it is competing for the same market as the PS3/360.