By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your 1st game you have beaten without a strategy guide/Gameshark/Cheats?

Can't remember if Alex Kidd in miracle world or Shinobi but I do know that Shinobi sucked being finished!

Around the Network

RAcCoOnErOuS said:

Way back in the day my brother and I beat TMNT: Turtles in Time. I was 5 years old so at the time that was pretty amazing feeling. 

others was

Goldeneye (n64)

Super Mario World

Mario 64

Secret of Mana (snes)

Half life 2

Gears of war 1-2 (all you do is go striaght lol)

and recently Super Mario 3d Land.

Yours?

New Super Mario Bros 3 Nes

Duck Tales Nes

Switch!!!

Asterix on the Master System or Captain Commando in the arcades. Can't remember what happened first.

Beatable games? The first Super Mario Bros for the Nes.

I only started using strategy guides with RPGs in the PSX era. Never even knew about some of the most known cheats of the era until after a couple of years owning the games (Contra, Battletoads, etc.).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

super mario land. Super Mario 64, Rayman 2, Banjo Tooie......

voty2000 said:
Marble Madness then Super Mario Brothers. I remember throwing Mario aside because Marble Madness looked so awesome.

isn't that the game Mark Cerney made?  Guess you'll be getting a PS4 lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

KylieDog said:
Every game.

ever?  not even video games just games?  damn I think you win

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
voty2000 said:
Marble Madness then Super Mario Brothers. I remember throwing Mario aside because Marble Madness looked so awesome.

isn't that the game Mark Cerney made?  Guess you'll be getting a PS4 lol

I had no idea who made it.  Was planning on getting the 720 but fate has decided for me.

All the games I played before the original Playstation era, then I only bought the guide after beating the game to get 100% completion.