By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your 1st game you have beaten without a strategy guide/Gameshark/Cheats?

Timesplitters 2 on the gamecube, but the total amount of the game that I beaten or unlocked was 89%.

Around the Network

LoZ: Link to the Past

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I had no Internet in the early 90s (it wouldn't have helped anyway) and I have never bought anything that would help me to get through a game faster, I spent my money on more games instead. So my first game where I used a Strategy guide was Secret of Mana because it came with the game. Club Nintendo (Nintendo Power) was free but I never knew about it before mid ninties. All games I played before Secret of Mana were without any help and the first game I played was Tetris I guess. Which wasn't beatable anyway but I finished all games I owned except Spiderman on Gameboy which I almost finished, Endboss killed me of every time I got to him which was twice within 4 years of trying it repeatedly, but I lost the game.

Super Mario World, if my memory serves me correctly. I played lots of NES games with my brother, but I was never good enough or focused enough to reach the end.

I think Twisted Metal 1 or 2...or Donkey Kong Country...or Super Mario World... i don't know. Its hard to remember that long ago, one ofthose.

Around the Network

Beatable games? Probably TMNT 2, maybe Super Mario Bros, then Kid Icarus.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Space invaders... I don't know, you didn't 'beat' games back then.

Hyper rally on the msx I guess.

I guess Yoshi's Island on SNES.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

what is the fun in that if you buy a strategy guide? i rather play the game and beat it without help.... I beat Contra, Guerrilla War, New Super Mario Bros Wii, SMB3, SMB2... the game i really like to beat but i never could was the complete Zelda series and Metroid series... i could never finish long ass games for some reason. lol.. they are not bad, i reckon they are fantastic series, but they are the "where the fuck do i go" type of games.

hummmmm.... :/
Probably Paper boy, NES.

3DS friendcode: 2836 - 0151 - 1371