By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your 1st game you have beaten without a strategy guide/Gameshark/Cheats?

crash 3

Around the Network

Games didn't have 100% completion back in my day, you just played them. I was even satisfied with my completion of PS1 generation FF games before I knew there was loads I hadn't done because of strategy guides.

But I'd say... Sonic 2 on Game Gear. But then all you needed to do was find all the Crystals and beat the game.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
But I'd say... Sonic 2 on Game Gear. But then all you needed to do was find all the Crystals and beat the game.

Yeah but how many packs of AA batteries did you have to go through before you were able to finish it? Unless you had the AC/battery pack...

The first game I ever owned - Star Fox 64

ghost_of_fazz said:

Ninja Gaiden I on the NES, back in 1989. I was 2 years old.

Recently... Skyward Sword. Other games are just too open, and sometimes I forget or I can't figure out where I should go next, so I resort to FAQs or what not, sadly :(

Yeah freakin right! I call shenanigans.  There is no way on this planet that we call Earth that you beat Ninja Gaiden NES as a 2 year old. You sir/ma'am are either very mistaken or a liar.

Around the Network

Probably Super Mario 64.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I can't really remember that far back. It was probably NiGHTs into Dreams or Sonic Adventure.

GamesBond said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

Recently... Skyward Sword. Other games are just too open, and sometimes I forget or I can't figure out where I should go next, so I resort to FAQs or what not, sadly :(

Yeah freakin right! I call shenanigans.  There is no way on this planet that we call Earth that you beat Ninja Gaiden NES as a 2 year old. You sir/ma'am are either very mistaken or a liar.

I second this calling of shenanigans. The sheer amount of pattern-memorizing, and the motor skills required to even go through a level of any of the Ninja Gaiden trilogy is something way beyond a 2 year old.

On Topic :It was an endless loop kinda deal, but Spartan X(an 8 bit nes side scroller where you can punch midgets in the face). The game recycled on its own after 5 levels and beating the boss. I think i had patience enough for 3 iterations, hoping that something would change, but it never happened.

AllfatherStarr said:
GamesBond said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

I second this calling of shenanigans. The sheer amount of pattern-memorizing, and the motor skills required to even go through a level of any of the Ninja Gaiden trilogy is something way beyond a 2 year old.

Off topic continued,

I own a 2 year old and their motor skills are defintely not developed enough. They fall over sometimes for no apparent reason. Beating one of the hardest NES games is way beyond them. Infact its beyond most gamers period. The Ninja Gaiden NES was pretty mind-destroying for its day.

GamesBond said:
AllfatherStarr said:
GamesBond said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

Off topic continued,

I own a 2 year old and their motor skills are defintely not developed enough. They fall over sometimes for no apparent reason. Beating one of the hardest NES games is way beyond them. Infact its beyond most gamers period. The Ninja Gaiden NES was pretty mind-destroying for its day.

I'd love to give proof, but sadly there isn't any. I also beat games like Strider and TMNT back in 1990.

But to be fair, I suck at all games now. Last game I was (kinda) good at was Smash Bros. Brawl. I used to play online with some of the users here... those were good times. Even my motor skills are gone... I can't brush my teeth without harming my gums, for example ):