By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Console Killer

Tagged games:

Meh. As a seriously long time DOTA player...its hard for me to say its the greatest game ever.

The game has major issues, and the "balance" that you talk about was not planned from day one. There's been constant updates to balance, heroes, and rules over the many years the game has been in existance. Thats why the game is where it is today.

IMO the game will never be truly balanced. Anyways its a great game and i guess its just one of those games that happend to turn out the way it did. Its probably my most played game ever at this point. But i dont think DOTA or DOTA 2 will ever find itself been mentioned in the top 10 games to ever be made lists. Those will still go to your usual suspects like mario, zelda, diablo 2 etc.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Lol "gives everything more weight" haha I believe it!

The alps don't play mothafuckasn

Say what now?

Soundwave said:
If Steambox is a 'Linux box' basically doesn't that mean you could load it up with emulators?

For me, if you can do that, Steambox > PS4/720, it'll simply get way more playtime for me with all the retro gaming + new game releases.

Prolly you could,

Dr.Grass said:
Soundwave said:
If Steambox is a 'Linux box' basically doesn't that mean you could load it up with emulators?

For me, if you can do that, Steambox > PS4/720, it'll simply get way more playtime for me with all the retro gaming + new game releases.

Prolly you could,

For me honestly that's a game changer. 

Steam library + SNES + NES + arcade + N64 + maybe even Dolphin (GCN/Wii) + Playstation + maybe PS2 emus that play without much fuss on my big screen TV ... would almost certainly make it the console of choice when I have friends over (retro gaming galore). 

No change here, just spent $1000 on a new computer with a bad ass card and board. PS4/720 for me.
Steam while i love the company and use them primarily on PC, it is staying on PC. Plus why would i want to deprive me of future GoW and Uncharted and halos? Especially when i already have a good gaming PC. And it takes more than just DOTA2 to wooo me......

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Dr.Grass said:
Soundwave said:

Prolly you could,

For me honestly that's a game changer. 

Steam library + SNES + NES + arcade + N64 + maybe even Dolphin (GCN/Wii) + Playstation + maybe PS2 emus that play without much fuss on my big screen TV ... would almost certainly make it the console of choice when I have friends over (retro gaming galore). 

THIS is what you want to play with your friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWM2rPN0hsk

for real.

LiquorandGunFun said:
No change here, just spent $1000 on a new computer with a bad ass card and board. PS4/720 for me.
Steam while i love the company and use them primarily on PC, it is staying on PC. Plus why would i want to deprive me of future GoW and Uncharted and halos? Especially when i already have a good gaming PC. And it takes more than just DOTA2 to wooo me......

No reason why you can't play everything!

Steambox will over nothing new if you have an awesome pc. No-one is denying that. I'm just super enthused cause Valve is embracing linux.

pezus said:

I'm pretty sure it's more clicking...if you're a skilled player ;o

OT: Dota is great. Praise the Gaben

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

pezus said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I only played one game of DOTA 2 and I couldn't really see how it differed from LoL (haven't played that much LoL either). Three paths, towers, heroes trying to kill each other, land the last hit to gain gold, buy items, level up. They're basically the same game with different heroes.

Same genre you mean. In FPS games you often have the same guns, same vehicles etc. but they don't play the same. Granted, you won't notice a big difference unless you play it more. Different heroes alone change the game entirely.

Dota (1) was the revolution, LoL the "mainstreamer" and now Dota 2 is back to steal the crowd. 

That's pretty much the best way it could possibly be put.

don't want to overpost my own thread, but PLEASE look at this:

http://games.on.net/2013/03/steam-traffic-accounted-for-2-of-all-net-traffic-during-dota-2-update-claims-gabe/

EDIT: Leave the IFS and BUTS, this is ASTONISHING.