By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGLeaks: First look at Durango XDK (always connected, kinect required, no play from optical discs))

VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
There's no reason to block playing games from the disc itself. Mandatory installations aren't that bad if you only have to install a couple gigabytes, but forcing people to install the whole game onto their hard drive is ridiculous. I'm all for reducing load times, but I"m also for saving space and having not having to constantly worry that the next game I buy will fill up my hard drive.

I'm not sure it's problem or not since it said 720 can play the game few seconds after started the installtion

That means even you deleted the game,you can still play it again very quick

Doesn't matter how fast you can get into the game. The constant management of your games collection is going to be really annoying for people with smaller HDDs.

If they use this tech,why would they sell a small(let's say<320GB HDD) SDK at first?

Around the Network
maximrace said:
The usual suspects again spinning a rumour to a fact just to help their agenda; bashing msft.
It's a f**** rumour guys!

....from a reliable source. If you don't like what you hear the gtfo. Odds are that most of this is true.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
There's no reason to block playing games from the disc itself. Mandatory installations aren't that bad if you only have to install a couple gigabytes, but forcing people to install the whole game onto their hard drive is ridiculous. I'm all for reducing load times, but I"m also for saving space and having not having to constantly worry that the next game I buy will fill up my hard drive.

I'm not sure it's problem or not since it said 720 can play the game few seconds after started the installtion

Doesn't matter how fast you can get into the game. The constant management of your games collection is going to be really annoying for people with smaller HDDs.

If they use this tech,why would they sell a small(let's say<320GB HDD) SDK at first?

To make the console affordable.

I have no problem with any of these rumors.

Full HDD installs is better than supporting multiple discs. I don't even have to leave the couch to switch games. Sounds great.

I never buy used games anyway - not affected even if it doesn't support them.

Always connected is basically what ps+ does if I'm understanding correctly. Stealth updates and what not.

VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:

A 500GB or even 750GB SKU can still sold it affordable,not even $10 price difference between 320GB and 500GB right now,i bet 500GB HDD price will even lower at late this year

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:

A 500GB or even 750GB SKU can still sold it affordable,not even $10 price difference between 320GB and 500GB right now,i bet 500GB HDD price will even lower at late this year

Every penny adds up. Multiply those $10 by 10 million = $100 million added costs purely on the HDD.

VGKing said:
maximrace said:
The usual suspects again spinning a rumour to a fact just to help their agenda; bashing msft.

....from a reliable source. If you don't like what you hear the gtfo. Odds are that most of this is true.

What is written there can be true but the interpretation of many users here some to be way off. I expect to hear from MS things that somehow confirm what can be seen in the leak but has nothing to do with what some infer from it.

VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:

Every penny adds up. Multiply those $10 by 10 million = $100 million added costs purely on the HDD.

Pretty low for MS

Plus it's not even $10,and pricing will keep dropping,i bet it won't costs 100 million even when they shipped 15 million consoles.

VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
VGKing said:

This does not only apply to NextBox...

VGKing said:
maximrace said:

The same source also stated last month that ps4 will most probably also include dual-camera in every unit sold.

"In the gaming field it supports head and hand tracking as new game inputs. Currently it’s not clear if this device will support body tracking in the future as Kinect but it’s almost sure that it will be bundled with every Orbis system.In the gaming field it supports head and hand tracking as new game inputs. Currently it’s not clear if this device will support body tracking in the future as Kinect but it’s almost sure that it will be bundled with every Orbis system."

And then I look at your post "http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5223637":

"-Kinect required for system to function, sold with every system" (bad because MS)

"-Optional Kinectl-like camera" (good for Sony)

So is vgleaks still reliable or just wrong in this?