By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware up!!! (March 9th)

And its great to see a vita game in the world wide chartz. I cant wait to see GOWA numbers.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I can't believe there are still people discussing VGC numbers after this time VGC against NPD case.

Yuck.. It's like its 2003 all over again for Nintendo. Maybe that means in 3 years the big N will be on top again? :/

SnakeDrake said:
007BondAgent said:
surprised tomb raider did better on PS3 considering Microsoft was advertising this as an exclusive

Probably because like Resident Evil the franchise already has a huge fan base on the original ps1 games

It means the gap would have been even bigger if it wasn't for the MS heavy bias in the advertising. Sony will pay to have PS3 bias in advertising for FPS, MS will pay to have Xbox360 bias in advertising for action/adventure games. It almost worked with Battlefield 3, considering all FPSs that have sold >5 million on each platform the BF3 PS3/360 gap must be the smallest for any FPS. That means Europe is becomming almost as FPC centric as USA.

Also TR numbers don't include Japan. Not sure if japan digs TR, but whatever the numbers PS3 version will be miles ahead of Xbox360 version there. So alligned launch week will have PS3 a bit further ahead.

Vita is still fragile unless it can pick up better sales at least in Europe, preferably Europe and USA. Same can be said, to a degree for 3DS. But I think with another 3DS price cut some time later this year you'll find people finally upgrading from DS to 3DS in decent numbers across the board. Same should happen with a western PSV price cut, though a smaller effect.

Nice wee start for Naruto. We got ours first day.

That PS3 is still handily above 100K is pretty good.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

007BondAgent said:
surprised tomb raider did better on PS3 considering Microsoft was advertising this as an exclusive

every this has been revealed its been compared to uncharted. its only logical that all the uncharted fans would be excited for this and buy it

Around the Network
ithis said:
Isn't everything undertracked according to the latest NPD?

yup. with 3ds and ps3 over 100% overtracked

Great Tomb Raider sales. Hopefully it has great legs too!

Nice to see Soul Sacrifice at that spot, and it is a pleasant surprise to see Lara commanding such strong figures for PS3.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

its nice to see the PS3 on top of the hardware charts again :)

Tomb Raider sold amazing compared to the last installment (Tomb Raider: Underworld) which was released in 2008 and sold 158K first week on the PS3 and around 80K on X360 which tells us that the franchise had successfully been reinvented and became popular and mainstream just like it was in PS1 days.

much deserved:)

I was expection TR to sell more on X360 by the way MS marketed it. This shows that most Tomb Raider fans are Playstation fans.