By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware up!!! (March 9th)

What was wrong with Kowenicki's thread? :(

Around the Network

PS3 on fire (still...).

pezus said:
DieAppleDie said:
zumnupy10 said:
DieAppleDie said:
Whoa nobody posts in these sales chartz anymore!
I must say that, contrary to most people here, i find Vita post-pricecut numbers really underwhelming, 170k for the combined 2 weeks after pricecut is abysmal.
3DS NA numbers are bad, and sincerely i dont get why, they have the best deals and prices, its amazing :(
Whats wrong with you?

Outside Japan, handheld consoles are dying fast.  

I think it has to do with saturation. DS sold so much thats biting 3DS in the ass, kinda like what happened with PS2/PS3. PSP/Vita is a different animal, since PSP is dead in the west since 2010

DS has been dead in Europe for a long time, and still 3DS underwhelms there. So this is where your argument falls apart.

ok

DieAppleDie said:
Turkish said:
DieAppleDie said:
I must say that, contrary to most people here, i find Vita post-pricecut numbers really underwhelming, 170k for the combined 2 weeks after pricecut is abysmal.
3DS NA numbers are bad, and sincerely i dont get why, they have the best deals and prices, its amazing :(
Whats wrong with you?

The pricecut only happened in Japan.

AGAIN?!?! Here Vita has been discounted by major retailers SINCE NOVEMBER! 240€ Vita + CoD + 4gb memcard as of today in GAME stores Spain they made a discount campaing for holiday season also where Vita price got slashed to......guess it?......199€!!!

But that still isn't an official pricecut: Vita Wifi + 4GB memcard + Starterkit = 249€ or Vita Wifi + 4GB memcard + Uncharted = 259€. That are the official prices in the (german) Sony Online store. Non if it being lower than the initial price of 249€ (ok both bundles have a lot more value than the initial one, but as long as the entry price isn't lower I don't consider it a price cut).

You always will find hardware cheaper on some retailers in Europe. Until one hour ago I could have got a new Wii U Premium for 229€ and usually you can get one for ~270€. And afaik(!) the (somewhat unofficial) suggested retail price is still at 379€ for that one (yes; not the 349€ we have seen in most shops).

Usually an official cut has a much bigger effect on the sales.

DieAppleDie said:
zumnupy10 said:
DieAppleDie said:
Whats wrong with you?

Outside Japan, handheld consoles are dying fast.  

I think it has to do with saturation. DS sold so much thats biting 3DS in the ass, kinda like what happened with PS2/PS3. PSP/Vita is a different animal, since PSP is dead in the west since 2010

PS3 and 3DS suffer for the same reason.  They can't replicate their predecessors success.

Around the Network

Wow, just wow.
Except for dieappledie, where are all the vita haters and doom spreaders? Back next week maybe if sales drop off a bit more in Japan?
Last weeks thread had a lot more people saying this week would be terrible if i'm correct...

Pretty brilliant week for sony ^^ Though the overall sales decrease from last years hardware in the same week does show that the Ps4/Nextbox can't come soon enough.

Wii U is really failing. It will be losing to freaking psp soon. :D

This was my first time... no congrats or anything

Xxain said:
This was my first time... no congrats or anything

Congrats!  First time huh....was it awkward?  It's okay if it was. :P