By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo release a Wii U SKU without the Tablet Controller?

They can't release SKU without GamePad now, it's integral part of design, unfortunately, they built the whole U idea around it. What they should've done in the first place was to go with SuperWii - better hardware (read 7750 class GPU, quad core AMD CPU, 4GB RAM...basically around half the PS4), Wiimote 2 + Pro controller, and GamePad as optional convenience peripheral (exclusively for purposes of Off TV Play) - this Super Wii would cost them same as U, but it would be 3rd party friendly, and much, much closer to PS4/NextBox in power and functionality.

Around the Network

Yes, I said the same thing many months ago. It would shave the price by at least $100 and you can buy one if you want. So you can play with the Pro Controllers instead. If I were NIntendo I would re-release a new wireless Gamecube controller for Wii U. It is still my favorite controller because I played thousands of hours of Smash Bros. Melee on that same controller.

No, too many Wii U games cannot be played with just wii-mote and nunchucks.

HoloDust said:
They can't release SKU without GamePad now, it's integral part of design, unfortunately, they built the whole U idea around it. What they should've done in the first place was to go with SuperWii - better hardware (read 7750 class GPU, quad core AMD CPU, 4GB RAM...basically around half the PS4), Wiimote 2 + Pro controller, and GamePad as optional convenience peripheral (exclusively for purposes of Off TV Play) - this Super Wii would cost them same as U, but it would be 3rd party friendly, and much, much closer to PS4/NextBox in power and functionality.

my thoughts precisely, i suspect majority of Wii fans will feel the same.

ditch gamepad, its a good idea and works but is to clunky for those players who prefer more precision in thier gameplay. it WOULD have sold well as an extra attachment akin to Wii fitness board. i would have deffo bought a seoerate gamepad further on down.

in stead, the hardware could have been beefed up with better ram/grafix and easyly could have been called the name the above poster mentioned "SUPER WII" very catchy

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Honestly, this is a stupid question. It would be like releasing a DS with one screen or a Wii without the Wii Remote. You can't eliminate a console's defining feature.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
VGKing said:

No, I don't. This is al lhe is doing. He is a horrible user. Never have I met a user so willingly break every single rule in the book with a single post. If he can't control himself, he doesn't belong here. People like him add nothing to the conversation and we're better off without him. He rarely posts and when he does he erupts.

I love him. I find the he erupts like that because people fail to use reason a lot of the time and it can be infuriating. It's not his fault, but the fault of people not taking the time to inform themselves and just bash NIntendo constantly. (and no I didn't mean you unclescrooge you'r ea great guy)

He's reacting to that problem, so no it's not all his doing.

Yes, it is his doing. He is unable to have civilized discussions. He doesn't like what he reads and he explodes in anger/frustration.
He knows exactly what he is doing and what it will get him(banned). Why you're defending him I have no idea.

NO!!! The gamepad is amazing!!

VGKing said:

Yes, it is his doing. He is unable to have civilized discussions. He doesn't like what he reads and he explodes in anger/frustration.
He knows exactly what he is doing and what it will get him(banned). Why you're defending him I have no idea.

Because if it were completely his doing then I would not be arguing with you. But I know for a fact that his attitude is a reaction to bad attitudes, and that is something I would ban (trolling) were it up to me I would be VERY strict.

The gamepad doesn't cost that much...

They should instead sell it without the sensor bar, hdmi cable, and power adapters.