By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from Nintendo at E3?

What I'd love to see:

Directly From Nintendo/Nintendo Partnerships:
Release dates for the fall and Quarter lineups into the first half of next year (ie. "Mario Kart comes out Novemebr XX along with Zelda WW HD on October YY" or something like that and then "Yoshi's Epic Yarn and Wii Sports U will be out in Q1 and Q2 of 2014") Hopefully ZeldaU and SSBU will be out for Holiday 2014, that would be a nice lineup.
Virtual Console releases, I know they take some development time and don't just happen on a whim, but Nintendo should have been a little more prepared here. Hopefully this is rectified a little before E3 (the $0.30 game each month is nice and I hear the actual service should launch before E3 hopefully) but I'd like to really see them support this as I spent a whole lot of time rediscovering and sometimes discovering for the first time some really awesome games on my Wii's VC.
Release date for Wonderful 101 (hopefully this year)
Relase window for Bayonetta 2 (hopefully not past Q3/Q4 2014)
Info on what Retro is working on (although I may get just what I want and be dissapointed when we find out Retro has been working on Mario Kart or something like that all along)
Maybe a 3DS game or 2 but with X/Y coming this fall already known plus the glutton (especially for Nintendo) or 3rd party titles I'm happy with the game situation on my 3DS.
Info on X
Info on SMT x FE

From Third Parties:
Capcom - Monster Hunter 4 not just on 3DS but also on Wii U like MH3:U (I fell in love with MHTri and while I'm intrigued by playing the remake for my 3DS - also getting it for Wii U - I'd like to play the next game on the TV screen as well.) <- this probably wouldn't happen at an E3, more like TGS or something but one can hope.
Square Enix - depending on what they announce at PAX (I expect that to be a late port of Tomb Raider or Deus Ex) I'd like an NA localization of DQ X or a Wii U Final Fantasy title or a Wii U or 3DS Kingdom Hearts title.
Ubisoft - despite what I'll call the Rayman incident, Ubisoft has actually been supporting the Wii U - I'd like to see them continue this with perhaps a followup to ZombiU or something else, not necessarily exclusive but new. They already have ACIV, Rayman and Watchdogs coming to WiiU (among other of course) this year but I can always hope for more. Also interested to see if they try to make WiiU the flagship console for the Just Dance franchise (5 I think) this year or wait another year before moving from Wii.
Sega - they did a great version of Sonic All-Stars Racing for Wii U, lets see them crank out some more stuff. Dare I mention my fantasy of console versions of the Total War series - now that they have the tablet interface it could be awesome. I think I'd rather see the true historical feel kept but I could see them perhaps doing a Nintendo/Sega stylized Total War type game with stuff like Hyrule Knights fighting characters from Shining force or Bowser leading his minions agains the cast of Phantasy Star Online... sorry that's just a gaming dream of mine :)
Another relatively major Third Party (preferably a non-Japanese one besides Ubisoft) announcing a big game for Wii U, maybe something like GTA V but it doesn't have to be that big to satisfy me, just something I might want to play and might other wise had to have waited until the end of the gen to pickup (when I get a PS4 and next XBox)

Anyways I know all (or really even half) of these things won't happen but this is kinda my fantasy list. Although I (and I know most other game industry enthusiasts) am also excited for Microsoft and Sony's presentations and am also hopeful that Nintendo understands they will need to bring some big guns to compete with the other big 2 showing off their brand spanking new (in fact pre-natal) systems.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Around the Network

What I'd like to see at Nintendo's E3 conference?

Games. That's it. Maybe a 3DSLite or a 3DS with improved battery life. Other than that, that's it.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Chris1596 said:

From Nintendo - Mario kart U

From Sony - Grand Theft Auto for vita 

and Saints Row 4 

Buy a PS4, and play GTA5 on the Vita. I don't see GTA5 not being put on the new hardware this season, as it can limit their sales by a lot.

New AAA IPs
Focus on online infrastructure
New developers
third party partnerships

Aside from the obvious first party hitters, and better 3rd party support, I specifically want GTA V & multiple Upad support...ie, imagine a Madden 25 "Playcaller" bundle that includes Upad...

Around the Network

If they confirm a new F-Zero they won't need to show anything else as far as I'm concerned. 3D Mario, Mario Kart U and some Super Smash Bros. 4 footage would be a nice bonus though.

RETRO

Hasquarl said:
New 3D Mario Game
New Metroid made by Retro Studios

That's all I need.

This plus Mario Kart (and maybe F Zero)

I do think Nintendo needs to rethink their strategy of keeping games heavily under wraps until very close to their release.  This is ok for small releases, but not for their big guns.  In that vein I would like to see at least teasers for SSB and Zelda and any other more core-targeted titles, and some idea of release dates for already announced games like Bayonetta and X, even if the target release date isn't in this calendar year.

For Wii U:

Release date for Mario 3D
Release date for Mario Kart
Footage of Smash Bros.
Retro project reveal
Wii Sports 3 reveal
Zelda teaser
GCN games on Virtual Console

For 3DS:

Zelda reveal
Metroid reveal

two words Final Fantasy.