By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

ethomaz said:
the_dengle said:

Try harder. Superlatives are strong words.

Do you know what means new IP? Pokemon is not a new IP.

It was at one point

But yes, certainly one of the strongest launches for a new IP, and far exceeded my expectations (certainly when we don't know digital sales!).

I wonder if it will leg out to 500k. That would be a major feat.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
the_dengle said:

Uh, it was at one time. And at that time, it sold more in its opening than Soul Sacrifice. Maybe you'd prefer a more recent example.

the_dengle said:
ethomaz said:
the_dengle said:

Uh, it was at one time. And at that time, it sold more in its opening than Soul Sacrifice. Maybe you'd prefer a more recent example.

Now you give me a proper example.

ethomaz said:
the_dengle said:
ethomaz said:
the_dengle said:

Now you give me a proper example.

Pokémon is a proper example. When Red/Blue/Green was released, it was a new IP. If you are going to use the word "ever," you had better be able to back it up.

The month should be good for Vita. Next month, not so much. The Vita cut combined with new game releases is a good combo that will drop once it's just the Vita cut by itself.

I think Vita probably took away from 3DS sales, only because the 3DS doesn't have any new games released yet. It's all over once 3DS gets Pokemon, though. All over.

Around the Network

Conegamer said:

It was at one point

But yes, certainly one of the strongest launches for a new IP, and far exceeded my expectations (certainly when we don't know digital sales!).

Yeap... there are a lot... Nintendodogs, God Eater (@benao87 said), etc... so only good... not great lol

ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

It was at one point

Yeap... there are a lot... Nintendodogs, God Eater (@benao87 said), etc... so only good... not great lol

Oh, make no mistake, SS's opening is fantastic! It would be good even for an existing IP. For a new IP, it's outstanding. Just not the best, lol.

You know you're in good company when you've got to dig up Nintendogs to compare sales numbers.

Where is that dude who told me i'm stupid to think that Vita can outsell 3DS in march

COME OUT NOW!!

About this pricecut, wasn't Vita's official this week? And last week's was certain stores premature cut? Or am I seeing things ?

Anyway, great week for Vita for sure. Some solid numbers finally and the new games did good! Let's hope for the system's sake that it doesn't drop back to abysmal levels. 3DS okay, but should go up again soon with all the upcoming games. WiiU's game drought needs to end right now as it's getting ridiculous. Launch windows... They suck.

GO VITA