By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The longest launch window drought in Nintendo North American history is finally over! As of March 5th.

Yeah... not the game we're looking for.

Damn Rayman delay....

Around the Network

Oh, thank the Light!

Indeed. Month of the Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I expect ~10k from The Amazing Spider-Man.

hope we don't get any more games delayed, I've been playing only Mass Effect 3 lol, still fun to play

Around the Network

Spiderman is probably the worst 3rd party title yet, given the grievous amount of screen tearing--it's really something to see, if only to witness how lazy a dev/pub can be.

spurgeonryan said:
Someone should make a prediction thread on what will be delayed longer. The Last Guardian, or Pikmin 3.

I'll go with the Last Guardian. I expect Pikmin to be released during April-June.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

BasilZero said:

You want to stay on topic? How about this: Spiderman wont end the longest launch window drought in Nintendo History.

Pikmin will be the one that will end the drought unless they do a ninja release with some other hidden gem but that is unlikely.

Since we are talking about Nintendo droughts, happy?

Also sales wise it'll do poor cause: Also on: X360 PS3 WII DS 3DS PC AND IP MOBILE

Source: GameFaqs ;o - the same one you linked to.

You seem to have completely missed the meaning of "drought".  I believe he is saying that this is the longest launch period without a single retail release, which Amazing Spider Man is now stopping.

Unless Pikmin 3 released 7 days ago, it's not going to be the game to end the drought.

BasilZero said:

Wait. There hasnt been a single game released since last year o.O?

Wow...well I wouldnt know - havent started following the Wii-U, probably wont until after E3 lol

I dunno.  I looked on Wikipedia and it said not, but there are probably people in this thread who are more clued up than me.

spurgeonryan said:
Someone should make a prediction thread on what will be delayed longer. The Last Guardian, or Pikmin 3.

at this point it crown goes to pikmin.  the last guardian has never been given a release window and therefore technically has never been delayed. 

BAM!