By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The longest launch window drought in Nintendo North American history is finally over! As of March 5th.

spurgeonryan said:
Only difference is the vita did not have a bunch of old ports as launch games.

It most certainly did.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift; Dungeon Hunter Alliance; F1 2011; FIFA 12; Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus; Rayman Origins; Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom; Virtua Tennis 4 etc.

Makes me realise how similar launches Vita and Wii-U had.  Blow everything at the start including loads of ports and have nothing for the following weeks.

Around the Network

I was surprised to see this game on the Wara Wara Plaza when I turned on my Wii U earlier today...
I can't figure out how many people posting about it in Miiverse actually have it, and how many are just trolling the new community...

Have a nice day...

lol when are EU getting Scribblenauts, it came out at launch in Aus and we share the PAL region with u guys

The worst thing is that that Spiderman came out on PS3/360 MONTHS ago and you can buy it for like half the price.

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
If we include digital titles then it has had some. But does anyone care that much? THe Cave released as well I believe.

To be honest though, I check Walmart shelving almost daily. Spiderman was not there as of last Thursday. Must have been a Friday or Monday launch. Which would mean 8th or 11th of March.

Since people want to play games, yes, they do care about digital releases too.

All the N64 had when the initial drought came to an end was four retail games. On the other hand, the Wii U has a total of about 40-50 games between retail and digital, plus the ability to use the Wii shop that houses hundreds of classic games and WiiWare releases.

With the amount of memory Wii U comes with, I don't think many people even consider buying digital.

Around the Network

ok so i havent played spiderman, is it worth it for first timers? lol cant find it online here in NZ anyway, just like others have said rayman delay was horrible plus alot of us bought the wii u actually to play that game but oh well

The week ending 23rd of March will be the real end of the drought; LEGO City, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, and Need for Speed all look to be high quality games

JoeTheBro said:
So what happened to everyone being excited about the Wii U's great launch line up? Are we now agreeing it would have been smarter to delay a few of those games? I find it interesting how eerily similar the Wii U and Vita are. Both launched with the best game possible yet quickly dropped in sales.

i understand what you are saying and having both they did have good launch line ups but there were only a few good games in there and if you didnt like that style of game then you didnt have much of an incentive to buy. 

No digital? What a shame. Bit.Trip Runner 2 is the highest-rated Wii U game (only one over 90) if you believe Metacritic and its five reviews.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Pavolink said:
Indeed. Month of the Wii U.

I would say this is the month of Tomb Raider, God of War and Gears of War (and a couple other third party titles). Wii U doesnt look like its dominating anything this year.