By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The longest launch window drought in Nintendo North American history is finally over! As of March 5th.

warhalohog said:
JoeTheBro said:
So what happened to everyone being excited about the Wii U's great launch line up? Are we now agreeing it would have been smarter to delay a few of those games? I find it interesting how eerily similar the Wii U and Vita are. Both launched with the best game possible yet quickly dropped in sales.

i understand what you are saying and having both they did have good launch line ups but there were only a few good games in there and if you didnt like that style of game then you didnt have much of an incentive to buy. 

2D Mario for Wii U and Uncharted for Vita. Factor in the rest of the games and both systems had the best day one games compared to any other launch.

Assassin’s Creed III
Wiki Review Ubisoft
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition Wiki Review Warner Bros. Interactive
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wiki Review Activision
Chasing Aurora Web Review Broken Rules
Darksiders II Wiki Review THQ
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Wiki Review
Disney Interactive
EA Sports FIFA  Soccer 13
Wiki Review
EA
ESPN Sports Connection Review
Ubisoft
Game Party Champions Wiki Review Warner Bros. Interactive
Just Dance 4 Review Ubisoft
Little Inferno Wiki Review Tomorrow Corp.
Madden NFL 13
Review EA
Mass Effect 3
Review EA
Nano Assault Neo Wiki Review Majesco
NBA 2K13 Wiki Review 2K Sports
New Super Mario Bros. U Wiki Review Nintendo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Wiki Review Nintendo
Nintendo Land Wiki Review Nintendo
Rabbids Land Wiki Review Ubisoft
Scribblenauts Unlimited Wiki Review Warner Bros. Interactive
Sing Party Review Nintendo
Skylanders Giants Wiki Review Activision
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Wiki Review SEGA
Tank! Tank! Tank!

Review

Namco Bandai

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Wiki Review Namco Bandai
Transformers Prime
Wiki Review 2K
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Review Frozenbyte
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 Review Ubisoft
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Review Tecmo Koei
Wipeout: The Game 3
Review Activision
ZombiU Wiki Review Ubisoft

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
warhalohog said:
JoeTheBro said:
So what happened to everyone being excited about the Wii U's great launch line up? Are we now agreeing it would have been smarter to delay a few of those games? I find it interesting how eerily similar the Wii U and Vita are. Both launched with the best game possible yet quickly dropped in sales.

i understand what you are saying and having both they did have good launch line ups but there were only a few good games in there and if you didnt like that style of game then you didnt have much of an incentive to buy. 

2D Mario for Wii U and Uncharted for Vita. 

2D Mario is aimed at an audience outside the Wii U's price range; Uncharted on the other hand is a good fit for the kind of gamer who would buy a Vita, in the West anyway.

JoeTheBro said:
warhalohog said:
JoeTheBro said:

2D Mario for Wii U and Uncharted for Vita. Factor in the rest of the games and both systems had the best day one games compared to any other launch.

Assassin’s Creed III
Wiki Review Ubisoft
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition Wiki Review Warner Bros. Interactive
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wiki Review Activision
Chasing Aurora Web Review Broken Rules
Darksiders II Wiki Review THQ
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Wiki Review
Disney Interactive
EA Sports FIFA  Soccer 13
Wiki Review
EA
ESPN Sports Connection   Review
Ubisoft
Game Party Champions Wiki Review Warner Bros. Interactive
Just Dance 4   Review Ubisoft
Little Inferno Wiki Review Tomorrow Corp.
Madden NFL 13
Review EA
Mass Effect 3
Review EA
Nano Assault Neo Wiki Review Majesco
NBA 2K13 Wiki Review 2K Sports
New Super Mario Bros. U Wiki Review Nintendo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Wiki Review Nintendo
Nintendo Land Wiki Review Nintendo
Rabbids Land Wiki Review Ubisoft
Scribblenauts Unlimited Wiki Review Warner Bros. Interactive
Sing Party   Review Nintendo
Skylanders Giants Wiki Review Activision
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Wiki Review SEGA
Tank! Tank! Tank!

Review

Namco Bandai

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Wiki Review Namco Bandai
Transformers Prime
Wiki Review 2K
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Review Frozenbyte
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013   Review Ubisoft
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Review Tecmo Koei
Wipeout: The Game 3
Review Activision
ZombiU Wiki Review Ubisoft

I must agree. Too many publishers scrambled to cash in on launch day when some games (like maybe UMvC3, Ninja Gaiden, WipEout, ect.) could've waited another month or two.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Okay time out folks. With all due respect to the original poster. This game simply doesn't qualify as a new release. It isn't that it is a port, but that it is a port of a Wii game. Thus something that has been playable on the Wii U from the start. Sorry folks the drought doth continue unabated. My advice if you want to play the game. Then save yourself some coin, and pick up a copy of the game for the Wii. Both Nintendo and Activision should feel ashamed about what they are doing.

Wii U momentum sucks so bad, they should have just held on and released their system in 2013. Maybe this would also have given them the wisdom to poney up and have a multi-core processor as well as up from 2GB to 8GB RAM.

Bottom line, people that were willing to buy their console bought it regardless of the price and nobody else cares and it being underpowered for "next gen" means that many third party are completely ignoring it happy for it to just go away so they can just focus on the two consoles from MSFT and SNE to earn their sales.

Around the Network
cusman said:
Wii U momentum sucks so bad, they should have just held on and released their system in 2013. Maybe this would also have given them the wisdom to poney up and have a multi-core processor 

The Wii U does have a multi-core processor.

RolStoppable said:
BasilZero said:
Lol Spiderman.

When is Pikmin coming out?

Second half of April, unless Nintendo delays it.

It has no release date, other than Spring.  Nintendo never said anything about April, and it would be really odd to release a game five or six weeks from now and not have a date yet.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

N64 was the longest drought I can remember, 6 months after launch there were only like 3 games out, Waverace, Mario, and Star Wars.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

lego city is almost out, i can't wait

RolStoppable said:
BasilZero said:
Lol Spiderman.

When is Pikmin coming out?

Second half of April, unless Nintendo delays it.

Pikim only has a tentarive Q2 release date. Seeing as we're in the middle of march an april release is unlikely, otherwise they would have announced by now. 

For me at least the software draught will continue until Pikmin or wonderfull 101 are released. unfortunately 101 has been removed from nintendo Q2 line up, I suspect a september release is on the cards. I think Nintendo created this draught it attempt to avoid one in the lead up to the ps4/720 releases. I still believe Pikmin 3 was more or less finished at launch.