By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you actualy like the current music thats being made???

TWRoO said:
tombi123 said:
Thatmax said:
kirby007 said:
daft punk > all

Im not alone yay!!!

Daft Punk is playing at my house, my house. (LCD Soundsystem). 

I love the music scene at the moment. British music is always the best. 

Fixed to agee with the twrooth.

Thanks xD

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
TWRoO said:
tombi123 said:
Thatmax said:
kirby007 said:
daft punk > all

Im not alone yay!!!

Daft Punk is playing at my house, my house. (LCD Soundsystem). 

I love the music scene at the moment. British music is always the best. 

Fixed to agee with the twrooth.

Thanks xD

Just checked your profile... you have incredibly similar book/film taste to me [see my profile] I didn't put the same films as you but your chioces could all have been on there. [Pans Labyrinth I have not seen to the end but what I saw was amazing]

Thatmax said:
d21lewis said:
There's very little reason for me to listen to the radio anymore. Mainstream music has been pretty soul-less for a few years now. On the rare occasion where a real artist makes a real heartfelt song, the song is placed in such a heavy rotation that I quickly grow tired of hearing it. I like almost every type of music, but I'm having to try different genres just to find something to like. Maybe I'm getting old.

LOL heartfelt! i dont care about that as long as it sounds good

Yeah. That's part of the problem. Even a rap song should have something to say. Check out Kanye West's albums. They sound good, and have a message. If you're only rapping about how nice your chain is, then what's the point? Are you an artist, or are you just there to showcase the producer's beats? I want music with a piece of the artist's soul.......for my Soul Reaver.

I'm sure there is good music being made out there somewhere. It's just that the music being heavily promoted and scooped up by the masses these days generally blows pretty bad.

About the only recent songs I can think of that I like is that song by Alicia Keyes "No One", and "Two" by Ryan Adams(though it's about a year old now).

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Alicia Keys >*

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Thatmax said:
d21lewis said:
There's very little reason for me to listen to the radio anymore. Mainstream music has been pretty soul-less for a few years now. On the rare occasion where a real artist makes a real heartfelt song, the song is placed in such a heavy rotation that I quickly grow tired of hearing it. I like almost every type of music, but I'm having to try different genres just to find something to like. Maybe I'm getting old.

LOL heartfelt! i dont care about that as long as it sounds good

Yeah. That's part of the problem. Even a rap song should have something to say. Check out Kanye West's albums. They sound good, and have a message. If you're only rapping about how nice your chain is, then what's the point? Are you an artist, or are you just there to showcase the producer's beats? I want music with a piece of the artist's soul.......for my Soul Reaver.

I know what you mean and Klaxons have some of the strangest lyrics which can be interpreted in lots of different ways and which are actual interesting t listen to but for me the lyrcs arent an important part of the song. And by the way even though i hate rap music, it is greatly focused on the story that the lyrics give.

I love pop music like Gwen Stefani, Tatu, Belinda and Thalia or my girlfriend Ashley Tisdale

@OP: A loud and resounding NOOOO! Modern music is crap, all sounds alike.

Mummelmann said:
@OP: A loud and resounding NOOOO! Modern music is crap, all sounds alike.

Thats how i feel about Led Zeppelin and other generic guitar rock "legends"

Braces self for onslaught of insults

anything that you hear on mtv/radio is pure shit, its clear channel/viacom controlling whats played "emo/rap" otherwise we might have some good music, i personally love Pinkfloyd #1 !! and Led zep, but Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium is probly one of my favorite cd's ever, sucks that all there newer stuff is in spanish,