By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the first console game of 2013 to score a 90+ Metacritic?

Which game will hit 90 or better first?

Gears of War Judgement 20 5.85%

The Last of Us 122 35.67%

Beyond 2 Souls 3 0.88%

Bioshock Infinite 122 35.67%

Pikmin 3 37 10.82%

Grand Theft Auto 5 20 5.85%

Unannounced Next Xbox game 1 0.29%

Unannounced PS4 game 0 0%

Unannounced Wii U game 10 2.92%

Other 7 2.05%

Total:342

Bioshock Infinite. If not, it'll probably be Pikmin 3, assuming that launches before TLOU. They're both June, right?

Around the Network

Bioshock infinite most probably...others from the list may make it too but the question in the ot is which game will be first.
I'm fairly certain bioshock infinite will live up to the hype and given its release date it's a no brainer. ( I think LAST OF US, GTAV and PIKMIN 3 might do it as well, will at least be in high 80s but won't be first cos of their release schedules obviously!)

I don't know based on GoW Ascension barely getting an 80 I think the chances of The Last of Us getting above a 90 dropped. I know they're separate games and not related so why would their scores be, I get that I'm just saying I'm sure everyone thought GoW Ascension would score a lot better so I'm not holding my breath on anything getting above a 90 until GTA 5.

NobleTeam360 said:
I don't know based on GoW Ascension barely getting an 80 I think the chances of The Last of Us getting above a 90 dropped. I know they're separate games and not related so why would their scores be, I get that I'm just saying I'm sure everyone thought GoW Ascension would score a lot better so I'm not holding my breath on anything getting above a 90 until GTA 5.

yeah I dont know why i feel it wont get 90.  I mean I am going to play it 84+ regardless. If it does get higher even better for me lol

Bioshock 2 was sub-90 so this series is 1 for 2 so far. I suspect B:I will return to form but it's no certainty. The only certainty is that critics will drool over GTA V. It is basically an auto 90+.

I think TLOU will end up in the high 80s, just because it will fall short of some reviewer's expectations.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Reviews in general lately have been quite low compared to earlier this generation with only 2 games last year on console pulling off a 90 or better on Metacritic. Those games were Mass Effect 3 and Far Cry 3.

So what game will be the next critical darling?   2013 has already kicked off with some solid games but none achieving that elusive milestone. 

You missed Xenoblade Chronicles, 92 on Metacritic. I hate when people forget about Wii games. One or 2 games had the Wii last year, and one of them was critically acclaimed. That should speak something good.

The Last of Us genre makes harder for it to get above 90, but not impossoble of course. Bioshock 2 wasn't that good compared with the original one, so it is hard to predict. Pikmin 3: The Return of an Army, will be the first true HD game from an internal Nintendo's development team, because of that it will probably not be as polished as it can be, hurting some reviews.,

cbarroso09 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Reviews in general lately have been quite low compared to earlier this generation with only 2 games last year on console pulling off a 90 or better on Metacritic. Those games were Mass Effect 3 and Far Cry 3.

So what game will be the next critical darling?   2013 has already kicked off with some solid games but none achieving that elusive milestone. 

You missed Xenoblade Chornicles, 92 on Metacritic. I hate when people forrget about Wii games. One or 2 games had the Wii last year, and one of them was critically acclaimed. That should speak something good.

The Last of Us genre make it harder for it to get above 90, but not impossoble of course. Bioshock 2 wasn't that good compared with the original one, so it is hard to predict. Pikim3: The Return of an Army will be the first true HD game from an internal Nintendo's development team, because of that it will probably not be as polished as it can be, hurting some reviews.,

xenoblade came out 2012 bro,

binary solo said:
Bioshock 2 was sub-90 so this series is 1 for 2 so far. I suspect B:I will return to form but it's no certainty. The only certainty is that critics will drool over GTA V. It is basically an auto 90+.

I think TLOU will end up in the high 80s, just because it will fall short of some reviewer's expectations.

Bioshock 2 was made by a different team I believe. The team making Infinite is the same team that made Bioshock 1. (I think lol). Either way hopefully it does well, really looking forward to it.

The Last of Us certainly has a chance. we've seen gameplay and so far it looks great. It's really hyped too. Hopefully the multiplayer doesn't hurt it (we have no info regarding that). I expect, and hope for good things.

Never been interested in GTA, but yeah it's massively hyped.

tbone51 said:
cbarroso09 said:
BenVTrigger said:

You missed Xenoblade Chornicles, 92 on Metacritic. I hate when people forrget about Wii games. One or 2 games had the Wii last year, and one of them was critically acclaimed. That should speak something good.

The Last of Us genre make it harder for it to get above 90, but not impossoble of course. Bioshock 2 wasn't that good compared with the original one, so it is hard to predict. Pikim3: The Return of an Army will be the first true HD game from an internal Nintendo's development team, because of that it will probably not be as polished as it can be, hurting some reviews.,

xenoblade came out 2012 bro,

yes, i know, i got it at launch. Are we on 2014 already? he said last year were two game above 90, missing Xenoblade. 

If you want to argue that Xenoblade is a 2010 title, that is another story.  But I guess because it was released on 2012 on the west, it should couns as one.

100% chance Bioshock.

Then again Tomb Raider deserved it and did not get it so who knows.