By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the first console game of 2013 to score a 90+ Metacritic?

Which game will hit 90 or better first?

Gears of War Judgement 20 5.85%

The Last of Us 122 35.67%

Beyond 2 Souls 3 0.88%

Bioshock Infinite 122 35.67%

Pikmin 3 37 10.82%

Grand Theft Auto 5 20 5.85%

Unannounced Next Xbox game 1 0.29%

Unannounced PS4 game 0 0%

Unannounced Wii U game 10 2.92%

Other 7 2.05%

Total:342

Slightly off-topic, but do you guys think there have been lower scores across the board because the games are of lesser quality? Or because editors and reviewers are responding to criticism about score inflation? Or something else?

Around the Network

Bioshock infinite and Grand Theft Auto 5 is the correct answer.

I'd say Bioshock Infinite
If not, maybe Pikmin 3 or The Last of Us
If not, definitely GTA V

Looks like it could possibly be Bit Trip Runner 2, or does that game not count?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Slightly off-topic, but do you guys think there have been lower scores across the board because the games are of lesser quality? Or because editors and reviewers are responding to criticism about score inflation? Or something else?

Maybe a response to the direction games are heading in, all becoming action shooter rpg hybrids, combined with franchise fatigue. Reviewers play all these games back to back, they would be the first to applaud originality and breaking the mold.

Bioshock infite and the last of us have a shot at 90+ if they can set themselves apart from the standard 'kill, gather, upgrade' grind.

Around the Network

Bioshock will be 84-88
Gears of War: 78-83
Last of Us: 88-92

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I heard good things about Gears recently, but I don't think it'll reach 90. It's out of TLOU or GTA, maybe Bioshock. I'd be surprised if a next-gen game is first.

KeptoKnight said:

U guys seriously think Last of Us will receive 90 on meta? Dang. 

Uncharted 2 got 96, it's one of the highest rated games of all time. The team that made it is making TLOU. It's also got the zombie/post-apocalyptic and general Naughty Dog hype going for it. 

TLOU has high chances but after several reviews this year it will be tough, I think. GTA-V will make it, I think. It will most likely get the best metacritic score this year.

Grand theft auto V or the last of us