By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart, March 9th 2013 | Final Week: God of War Ascension

Tagged games:

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
pezus said:
Bristow9091 said:
In comparison, what were the preorder numbers for God of War 3 the week before release? Because those seem a little low if you ask me... hopefully the first week sales will be good, then again, this IS only the US numbers.
God of War III (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Action
1 53,501 423,683

cool only 80k.

well that's disappointing for god of War, but here's to hoping 800k first wk. i think that's what GOW3 did first wk.

Gears will end about the same.

God of War III opened with 1.27m. 800k should be a breeze for GoW: A. Wouldn't be surprised if it manages 1m, but I'm keeping my expectations a bit low because it's a prequel.

same here

Around the Network

For some reason I thought Gears of War was coming out this week. Whoops. It's done well for itself to catch up to the level of other games after the disappointing start it had.

And yeah, the bottom end of the chart is veering into ridiculousness again. Need Barozi to have another word with someone.

Luigi's Mansion is really doing quite nicely. Though, it should start to pick up more sales. For it to make over 200k FW would be very nice to see. (I'm crossing my fingers on this one! You better make it, LM.)

Animal Crossing needs to pick up.

#40 should be an absolute hit for the DS.

NintendoPie said:

Luigi's Mansion is really doing quite nicely. Though, it should start to pick up more sales. For it to make over 200k FW would be very nice to see. (I'm crossing my fingers on this one! You better make it, LM.)

Can you say "new franchise?" :p

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

gigantor21 said:
NintendoPie said:

Can you say "new franchise?" :p

I hope Nintendo won't buy this franchise up. Sooner or later all we'll see is "Who Want's To Be A Marioaire?"

Nintendo just ruins everything!

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:

GoW Ascencion will probably sell 450K in the USA openning week. Global sales will be around 800K.

What's happening with Bioshock ?  Weekly change has been so low in the past weeks and it's so close to launch day.

I think that it might do more than that.  Because PS users are not that into pre-orders.  I think 1M week 1 is possible. :D

gigantor21 said:
007BondAgent said:
LOL at 40

who actually pre ordered that? seriously aha

Even weirder is that the game came out in Europe five years ago, and is only being ported here now. Yet despite that, not getting any hype or press whatsoever, and having no release date, it's got 20k+ preorders? Just below Army of Two and XCOM?

I'm gonna be watching that games' sales like a hawk now. XD

VGC's Database is really out of date. A lot of games which don't have a North American Release date end up trickling onto the chart because of the method VGC estimates pre-orders (These aren't hard pre-order numbers, just estimates). So until they recieve a US release date, or are imputed as Europe only, then they will eventually appear on the bottom of Pre-Order lists. I had to fix a handful of games like this already, like Let's Dance with Mel B, Ragnarok Tactics, etc.

I don't know if we got the first edition in USA (We probably didn't because Europe and NA have different hosts for the show), but the Wii/DS saw WWtbaM release in 2010 so I added that release date to the game. Now it won't appear in the next issue (This game definatly released a long time ago)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Heavenly_King said:
zumnupy10 said:

GoW Ascencion will probably sell 450K in the USA openning week. Global sales will be around 800K.

What's happening with Bioshock ?  Weekly change has been so low in the past weeks and it's so close to launch day.

I think that it might do more than that.  Because PS users are not that into pre-orders.  I think 1M week 1 is possible. :D

1M is possible and would make GOW the biggest launch of 2013.

zumnupy10 said:
Heavenly_King said:
zumnupy10 said:

This far? PS3-exclusive games only?

walsufnir said:
zumnupy10 said:
Heavenly_King said:
zumnupy10 said:

This far? PS3-exclusive games only?

It would definetely be the best launch on PS3 in 2013.   Maybe the biggest of the year, I can't remember anything that sold 1M at launch this year.