By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Assassin's Creed: Rising Pheonix - the next AC Vita game CONFIRMED!!!!!!

tbone51 said:

Beside AC could do over a mil on 3DS, dont underestimate nintendo!

Seeing as how Assassin's Creed couldn't manage 300k on the DS, I'm not quite sure how you think it will manage 1 million on the 3DS O_o

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Might be a Vita game. But in that case it won't be released anytime soon.

Ubisoft Sofia churned out Liberation in about a year.  So it's possible.  But I hope for everyone's sake that that isn't what is happening here.what

small44 said:
tbone51 said:
Deyon said:
tbone51 said:
3DS title, hey it can sell alot!

Resident Evil Revelations sold like crap for a handheld that has a 30m install base.

Assassin's Creed Vita sold pretty good for a handheld that has a 4 million install base.

As you can see, both handhelds have totally different fanbases, and Assassins Creed on 3DS will not do well. I may be wrong.

revelations did well, 650k is good. Beside AC could do over a mil on 3DS, dont underestimate nintendo! Just to say something in your logic, wat does that say about PSASBR? 70mil+ undr 500k

It won't even do 500k if  it was in 3DS

wat makes you say that? RE sold 700k, AC is more popular now. Why couldn't it get over 500k?

Who says it's on the Vita?

RazorDragon said:
Vita's AC didn't sold that well to warrant a sequel. I believe that's another mobile game.

Haha. Funny how haters keep on staying in denial. It sold good, accept it. It sold as much as RE: Revelations did on 3DS. There is no guarantee it would sell more on 3DS, in fact it's pretty doubtful, since 3rd party games sell bad on 3DS, especially outside of Japan and AC is a strictly western franchise. Hence now a 3DS version is less likely than a sequel on Vita, since they already have the engine, experience and a market that buys their game. On the 3DS they'd have to start from scratch, reinvent how to fit AC gameplay onto this limited hardware and it doesn't really look like it would be worth the hassle. 3DS destroys Vita in hardware sold, but softwarewise they are pretty much on par for 3rd parties. Vita will get a price cut in the West this year, so all this should allow them to sell more copies of the sequel.

My guess is it's either a Vita games or they are teasing a port of ACIII:L on PS360. I'd obviously prefer the first one, as I'm enjoying ACIII:L right now and it's a really good game :) I'd love to play more AC on the go. I just hope they don't release it the same day as AC IV...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Seeing as how Assassin's Creed couldn't manage 300k on the DS, I'm not quite sure how you think it will manage 1 million on the 3DS O_o

even though thats true, AC is much more of a name now than before. 3DS needs games and people would love another M rated game on the handheld. AC, Fire Emblem, RE revelations. AC could do very well on 3DS. Not Console numbers but 750k+ makes a profit fot Ubisoft

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Those games were multiplatform, not DS exclusives.

RazorDragon said:
Train wreck said:
RazorDragon said:
Vita's AC didn't sold that well to warrant a sequel. I believe that's another mobile game.

Yves Guillemot said the complete opposite.  Hmm who to believe...a random internet poster biased aganist Sony or the CEO of ubisoft?  Damn why do these choices have to be so hard.

You can believe whoever you want. I find that to be PR marketing, Ubisoft can say whatever they want about AC sales, but based on VGChartz numbers, there's no doubt. It probably made a profit, but I don't believe the profit was high enough to warrant a sequel based on the sales numbers. Rembember, that's MY OPINION though, so you are free to disagree how many times you want.

"based on VGChartz numbers, there's no doubt".  VGChartz numbers have doubt, they have a margin of error and are constantly adjusted.  So you're basing your opinion on guessitame information when when CEO and the CFO of the company have said they are happy with sales, its profitable, its a very high digital rate (more money to the publisher) and not to count the system out.  Thats sure alot of PR spin for a platform that they can easily ignore and go to their major competitor who has  bigger install base (even though they already cancelled a 3DS version of the game)

tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

even though thats true, AC is much more of a name now than before. 3DS needs games and people would love another M rated game on the handheld. AC, Fire Emblem, RE revelations. AC could do very well on 3DS. Not Console numbers but 750k+ makes a profit fot Ubisoft

That`s in home console not in handheld.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

RazorDragon said:

It sold 700k, to a console with a 4 million units user base that is amazing.